If wii u's worst looking game looked like metal gear solid 4 I'd be ok with that

#1knightimexPosted 3/20/2012 7:04:28 PM
Wii U needs not be that much more advanced than Xbox 360 or Ps3.
It does however need to surpass them to a certain degree.

If the lowest quality game on wii u looked like Metal gear solid 4 I'd be perfectly OK with that.

I have a strong feeling Wii U is going to be my ps2 \ snes in terms of games I actually want to play.

With graphics that are "good enough" but are also better over all vs last generation of consoles.

Wii U is a console I am going to be very content with.

Sure ps4 and 720 might be seriously more powerful BUT! it's not going to stop developers from making badass games that won't require a massive budget like those consoles will likely have,

All hail teh Weeee y0u!
---
The only time you'll ever hear a ninja is when someone says: "A Ninja".
#2kinglink13Posted 3/20/2012 7:14:18 PM
The Wii U needs to meet with all the devs needs, I just want it to be able to compete with the PS4 and 720.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#3lp913Posted 3/20/2012 7:20:51 PM
kinglink13 posted...
The Wii U needs to meet with all the devs needs, I just want it to be able to compete with the PS4 and 720.

As long as they're up to par with next gen games coming out on PC over the next several years, it won't really matter for PS4 and 720, the Wii U by virtue of being out first, should be fine for the next-gen cycle.
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#4eryyePosted 3/21/2012 7:11:48 AM
Then prepare to be not OK with something, because the Wii U's worst looking game will look far, far worse than MGS4, both from a technical point of view and in terms of artistic design. And the same will go for the worst looking games of the successors of the 360 and PS3, of course. Better hardware doesn't imply better developers.
#5BigReedPosted 3/21/2012 8:16:21 AM
I'm expecting the worst as far as tech goes with the WiiU.

Nintendo furthers video game tech in a different way. Rather than the most powerful machine and components, they find new ways to play, that aren't mainstream yet.
---
U.S. Army Airborne Veteran
#6ozfunghiPosted 3/21/2012 8:35:35 AM(edited)
Like i said yesterday in my topic before it got trolled by delusional fanboys, i hope you are right but history suggests otherwise. Gamecube had games looking worse than the best on N64. Wii had games looking WAY worse than the best on GCN. X360 had games looking worse than the best on Xbox etc etc etc. This is without taking the "possibility" into consideration, that the jump from PS360 to WiiU "might" not be as big as the jump from xbox to 360.

That being said, if WiiU's best games end up looking even a bit better than games like MGS4 and Crysis2, i'm good. I just hope it's powerful enough to get next gen multiplats.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
http:www.doublegum.be - http://soundcloud.com/the-best-of
#7jillwarrenPosted 3/21/2012 10:37:33 AM
knightimex posted...
Wii U needs not be that much more advanced than Xbox 360 or Ps3.
It does however need to surpass them to a certain degree.

If the lowest quality game on wii u looked like Metal gear solid 4 I'd be perfectly OK with that.

I have a strong feeling Wii U is going to be my ps2 \ snes in terms of games I actually want to play.

With graphics that are "good enough" but are also better over all vs last generation of consoles.

Wii U is a console I am going to be very content with.

Sure ps4 and 720 might be seriously more powerful BUT! it's not going to stop developers from making badass games that won't require a massive budget like those consoles will likely have,

All hail teh Weeee y0u!

As I've said, for me, if games match Final Fantasy 13 graphics or exceed them I will be completely satisfied. This goes for Sony as well. I don't need Samaritan or Avatar graphics to be happy. If they can do them affordably, great! I just don't have to have them myself.
---
Following Christ? Check!
"Will be" means something is confirmed, i.e. a fact.- Linetrix
#8Xx5ILLYR4BBITxXPosted 3/21/2012 11:37:17 AM
Metal Gear Solid 4 to me looks like one or the the best looking game this gen idk what you mean by mgs4 being lowest standtrads.
#9TheDarkNerdPosted 3/21/2012 1:17:03 PM

Pretty much this. The best hardware in the world can't compensate for crappy textures and poor design choices.

Well okay, maybe it could, but that's using cheap tricks, which can only go so far before someone just needs to smack the developers and tell them to go back to the drawing board.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#10ArabrockermanXPosted 3/21/2012 3:32:43 PM

My problem isn't so much how games will look but how having a weak console may effect ports latter in its life.

I rarely buy ports but they do help fill in dry spells.