Hardware predictions?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hardware predictions?

User Info: NintyLover2

NintyLover2
4 years ago#1
What do you guys think is going to be inside of the Wii U when the big reveal is finally made? My predictions are...

CPU - 2.5-3.5GHz quad-core (one locked or limited) with Power7 characteristics. Based on IBM's statements, I could see as much as 32MB eDRAM.

RAM - 1.5 - 2GB GDDR3 with as much as 512MB reserved depending on the OS's needs.

GPU - Custom chip with performance similar to a Radeon 4870. The fanboy in me thinks the Nintendo is going to surprise us with something like the Radeon 5770.

User Info: Lord_of_BeefDip

Lord_of_BeefDip
4 years ago#2
Not going to attempt to speculate on precise components, but my general estimate is 3-5x as capable as the Ps3/360.
Ridley: "If you've got size problems, I feel bad for you son. I've got 99 problems and being big ain't one." -omegamarth

User Info: Raynilsson

Raynilsson
4 years ago#3
Wii U will only be 20% less powerful than Xbox 720

Here is the link: http://www.gamesradar.com/xbox-720-rumour-day-new-xbox-only-20-more-powerful-wii-u-going-after-nintendos-old-market/
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hardware predictions?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived