New F-Zero game idea for the Wii U

#1AmaboKcorbPosted 3/25/2012 11:06:59 AM
A racing/action game that lets you play as Captain Falcon outside and inside the vehicle.
Only in Smash Bros has he left the wheel and that needs to change.
He could be Nintendo's tough guy. Kicking and punching enemies.
Think F-Zero GX but with action outside the track.

Anyway, just wanted to share my idea.
Thoughts?
#2Oni_TaedoPosted 3/25/2012 11:43:08 AM
How's about this.
A 3D beat-em-up/sometimes third-person cover based shooter (but cover would deteriorate as it sustains damage, forcing you to find other places to hide behind.)

The game would be a free-roam action game that takes place in Mute City and surrounding areas.
As Captain Falcon you would hunt bounties, stop crimes as they happen, and race in the
F-zero GP.

Now, to set this apart from various TPS, you have the Captain's special fighting moves.
Using these moves, Falcon will be able to alter the environment. With each Falcon punch he delivers, buildings will crumble, crates will catch fire, and enemies will be sent high enough to concuss an albatross.

That doesn't mean that the good Captain can't just pull out his gun and cap some baddies, but only certain moments in the game will every really call for it.

With gameplay similar to Saint's Row (albeit less crazy and a bit more serious), and a story written by whoever the hell wrote Gurren Lagann.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#3AmaboKcorb(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 11:46:11 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
How's about this.
A 3D beat-em-up/sometimes third-person cover based shooter (but cover would deteriorate as it sustains damage, forcing you to find other places to hide behind.)

The game would be a free-roam action game that takes place in Mute City and surrounding areas.
As Captain Falcon you would hunt bounties, stop crimes as they happen, and race in the
F-zero GP.

Now, to set this apart from various TPS, you have the Captain's special fighting moves.
Using these moves, Falcon will be able to alter the environment. With each Falcon punch he delivers, buildings will crumble, crates will catch fire, and enemies will be sent high enough to concuss an albatross.

That doesn't mean that the good Captain can't just pull out his gun and cap some baddies, but only certain moments in the game will every really call for it.

With gameplay similar to Saint's Row (albeit less crazy and a bit more serious), and a story written by whoever the hell wrote Gurren Lagann.

Yes! This is exactly what I meant. I think it could make Captain Falcon Nintendo's Solid Snake/Master Chief.
#4MasterWingZero6Posted 3/25/2012 11:52:05 AM
F-Zero is dead to nintendo. They just want to rehash another mario, zelda or metroid. Oh well.
---
psn id:SolidOni_ds
XBL gamertag: SolidOni
#5pyroman93Posted 3/25/2012 12:07:50 PM
I wouldn't mind this as a spinoff but this honestly reminds me a little bit of a cooler version of Starfox Adventures. Frankly, I'd rather have an amazing fully fleshed out racing game with 8 cups, 30+ unlockable vehicles, vehicle and track creating, etc.
---
"some times 12 year old are immature. i am that age and i never make dumb and stupid comments" - campeon625
GT: BAD PEGASUS
#6AmaboKcorb(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2012 12:12:02 PM
pyroman93 posted...
I wouldn't mind this as a spinoff but this honestly reminds me a little bit of a cooler version of Starfox Adventures. Frankly, I'd rather have an amazing fully fleshed out racing game with 8 cups, 30+ unlockable vehicles, vehicle and track creating, etc.

Sure it could work as a spin off.
But I just think it would be cool for Nintendo to have it's "bad ass" character be Captain Falcon.
#7pyroman93Posted 3/25/2012 12:25:00 PM
Yeah I agree. As long as it doesn't try too hard to take itself seriously. One of my favorite things about F-Zero GX is how campy all the cutscenes are. That said, I could see it working really well as a Saints Row-type game like someone else mentioned, but not Deus Ex, if you see what I'm getting at. Something fun, badass, semi-violent, and most of all not serious.
---
"some times 12 year old are immature. i am that age and i never make dumb and stupid comments" - campeon625
GT: BAD PEGASUS
#819061980Posted 3/25/2012 12:59:10 PM
No, leave F-Zero as a racing game, do that in a new franchise.
#9Board_hunter567Posted 3/25/2012 1:30:32 PM(edited)
Hmm, might get boring.
I mean, every fight would last about five seconds, unless you opted not to use a Falcon Punch.

Seriously though, while I would love to explore a fully rendered Mute City while cruising at 2000 km/h, I think F-Zero should focus on being a racing game. Maybe as a spin-off or something.

And I completely agree with pyroman93. GX had a distinct feel of awesome and funny that you don't really see too often (this is why I'm not sure I'd want Retro to make an F-Zero game - they'd make a great game for sure, but Amusement Vision really nailed it IMO).
#10Stefan1277Posted 3/25/2012 1:37:19 PM
Anyone in this topic older than 15? damn.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)