I think all the wii u trolling is due to the threat wii u delivers.

#41GoombacrusherPosted 4/26/2012 4:05:14 PM
Linetrix posted...
Emerald_Melios posted...
thundercat2600 posted...
Right, TC. It couldn't be because WiiU is a system that I have no effing clue about whether it is powerful or not or how good the not yet existent games library is because the Wii U is not out yet.

Fixed

Double fixed.

Fixed: The Revenge
---
http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23BringBackToonami
Get Adult Swim to permanently bring back the greatest programming block ever!
#42gamercat86Posted 4/26/2012 5:23:32 PM
its_matt posted...
aside from Nintendo exclusives it remains to be seen if the Wii U will offer much over the current PS3 and Xbox360 formats which have an installed user base of over 50,000,000 each in comparison to the Wii U present 0. Given third party games confirmed are only (presumably)optimised ports of Xbox 360 and PS3 games it does not suggest developers have found something fundamentally new is the Wii U hardware. Don't get me wrong I love Nintendo games but I'm not sure that will be enough, I wait and see

If you're referring to exclusives, they are almost non-existent by third parties these days. Also, what better way to support a new system than with games that the competition will have? Surely third parties already know they will sell more games on the HD twins than on the Wii U because it's new, but they can start building their fanbase there. Nintendo fans who only play on Nintendo systems or who have Nintendo systems and another console or Nintendo systems and a pc. That would be the target audience. Ubisoft already has 1 exclusive in the works for Wii U, and Lego City Stories is only being published by Nintendo. That is being made by TT Games. Even if developers find something "fundamentally new" on that system, it wouldn't translate to exclusives, especially since game budgets are too expensive these days.
#43docexePosted 4/26/2012 8:07:33 PM
DaLagga posted...

This makes no sense whatsoever. The fact that I don't own any other current gen consoles outside of the Wii indicates that I am not some Sony/Microsoft fanboy who is simply hating on Nintendo and feels "threatened" by their new platform. I do however play x360/PS3 games from time to time and am well aware of the capabilities of both platforms (probably far more so than the people who actually own the systems).

Well, the few posts I have read from you actually make sense and it seems you do posses technical knowledge. They also come as fair critics and warnings regarding the Wii U, and really, I think is better to look at things with a critical eye rather than blind fanboyism, specially because how limited the current information about the console is.

But this particular comment does come as too arrogant, and unless you actually have a college degree on computer science or something similar, is better to not make such kind of claims, specially in this board were it seems people will look at any tiny mistake or failure in your argument to pretty much ignore it or disregard it as trolling, despite how sound or logical the rest of the argument is.
#44ZvolTxPosted 4/26/2012 8:10:48 PM
WiiU has a powerlevel of over9000, just ask Vegeta.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
Dem mods....
#45leechmaster21Posted 4/26/2012 11:41:51 PM
Stop saying troll nerdlingers!
---
Mario Kart Wii FC: 2406-5626-1259
PSN id- sweats_21
#46DaLaggaPosted 4/27/2012 5:16:42 AM
docexe posted...
Well, the few posts I have read from you actually make sense and it seems you do posses technical knowledge. They also come as fair critics and warnings regarding the Wii U, and really, I think is better to look at things with a critical eye rather than blind fanboyism, specially because how limited the current information about the console is.

But this particular comment does come as too arrogant, and unless you actually have a college degree on computer science or something similar, is better to not make such kind of claims, specially in this board were it seems people will look at any tiny mistake or failure in your argument to pretty much ignore it or disregard it as trolling, despite how sound or logical the rest of the argument is.

I assume you're referring to my comment about knowing more about the PS3/x360 than people who actually own the systems? I didn't mean this to imply that I am an expert on the matter (far from it). However, I do spend a fair amount of time reading up on video game tech (both software and hardware) and this often includes information related to the consoles.

Seeing as how most console users buy the system, plug it in, and play without ever really knowing much about it, I don't see how it's unreasonable to assume that someone like myself has more knowledge than the "average" console user. For example, how many console users really know how much memory their system has? How that memory is allocated? The difference between the Xenon and Xenos? What resolution most games are rendered in or even the difference between rendering resolution and display resolution? What type of AA do games use and what's the difference between the various types? Etc.

My knowledge doesn't compare to that of a developer or even many others who keep up on the tech stuff. But I think it goes far beyond what the average console user knows since, being primarily a PC gamer, I pretty much have to keep up on this stuff to a reasonable degree. Is it really so arrogant to point that out? Although, I suppose I should have included a "most" in my original statement, since I certainly don't mean to imply that I know more than every person who owns an x360/PS3.
#47MewtwoExPosted 4/27/2012 6:20:05 AM
thundercat2600 posted...
Right, TC. It couldn't be because WiiU is another underpowered Nintendo system that sells based on a stupid gimmick rather than a great library of games.

Not sure if this guy is joking or he is just stupid mmmh
---
http://dunzi.wippiespace.com/pics/trollin-hatin.jpg
#48lonlonmilkloverPosted 4/27/2012 7:32:33 AM(edited)
thundercat2600 posted...
Right, TC. It couldn't be because WiiU is another underpowered Nintendo system that sells based on a stupid gimmick rather than a great library of games.

Uh.... contradiction in terms. Your reference of "stupid gimmick" makes no sense.

gim·mick [gim-ik]
noun
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.
---
"Hans, er nacht und schoen wieder." 'So was soll ich tun a machen?'
"Aber Jeden Tag!" 'Lasse sei ihn, lasse sei ihn!'
#49docexePosted 4/27/2012 12:12:00 PM
DaLagga posted...
docexe posted...
I assume you're referring to my comment about knowing more about the PS3/x360 than people who actually own the systems? I didn't mean this to imply that I am an expert on the matter (far from it). However, I do spend a fair amount of time reading up on video game tech (both software and hardware) and this often includes information related to the consoles.

Seeing as how most console users buy the system, plug it in, and play without ever really knowing much about it, I don't see how it's unreasonable to assume that someone like myself has more knowledge than the "average" console user. For example, how many console users really know how much memory their system has? How that memory is allocated? The difference between the Xenon and Xenos? What resolution most games are rendered in or even the difference between rendering resolution and display resolution? What type of AA do games use and what's the difference between the various types? Etc.

My knowledge doesn't compare to that of a developer or even many others who keep up on the tech stuff. But I think it goes far beyond what the average console user knows since, being primarily a PC gamer, I pretty much have to keep up on this stuff to a reasonable degree. Is it really so arrogant to point that out? Although, I suppose I should have included a "most" in my original statement, since I certainly don't mean to imply that I know more than every person who owns an x360/PS3.

Yes, I was referring to that comment. Certainly, the average consumer tends to not care about the internal workings of any given device he owns, only that it works and completes whatever function it is supposed to do. In that sense, being a hobbyist about any particular topic can certainly give you more knowledge about it than the average person.

Even then, making such claims can make you look as arrogant, because it can be interpreted (or misconstrued) that you are stating you have the same level of knowledge or expertise as someone who is a professional in a given area, something that can turn out to be very far from the truth. Because of that reason, is better overall to not make such type of claims.
#50Sylar100Posted 4/27/2012 12:40:17 PM
lonlonmilklover posted...
thundercat2600 posted...

Uh.... contradiction in terms. Your reference of "stupid gimmick" makes no sense.

gim·mick [gim-ik]
noun
an ingenious or novel device, scheme, or stratagem, especially one designed to attract attention or increase appeal.

Wiimote
3DS
Wii U screen controller