Can We play Wii games on just the tablet?

#1D3V1NdaDOODPosted 7/13/2012 8:26:06 PM
I'm just curious if Wii games such as SSBB can be played on just the gamepad?

There has been no statement or video to confirm this question.
#2GogglesFrogPosted 7/16/2012 8:26:09 AM
Bump
---
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."
#3PedroMontanaPosted 7/16/2012 8:44:47 AM
This has been confirmed for NSMBU, strongly hinted at for Darksiders 2 and is generally supposed to be a feature used in many games.

I think you can fully expect SSB Wii U and pretty much all multiplatform games to support this.

I think the only games that will not support this are the ones which are build around using the GamePad's screen and the TV at once (like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario).
---
No More Heroes
#4KetorulzPosted 7/16/2012 8:48:06 AM
It is VERY possible, but not confirmed. The controller screen can do it very easily though.
#5KirbyIsAwesomePosted 7/16/2012 8:57:38 AM
PedroMontana posted...
This has been confirmed for NSMBU, strongly hinted at for Darksiders 2 and is generally supposed to be a feature used in many games.

I think you can fully expect SSB Wii U and pretty much all multiplatform games to support this.

I think the only games that will not support this are the ones which are build around using the GamePad's screen and the TV at once (like Nintendo Land and Game & Wario).

He said Wii games.
---
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President
#6GogglesFrogPosted 7/16/2012 9:47:16 AM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
PedroMontana posted...

He said Wii games.

He did. And this is the answer I'm looking for as well
---
Isaiah 55:8 - "'For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,' declares the LORD."
#7PedroMontanaPosted 7/16/2012 9:55:23 AM
Ah, i somehow saw a U when there was none.

Well, then i think the answer is likely no.

But i think that it will likely be possible to play Wii U VC on the Pad, and that means you'll be able to play SSBM without a TV as soon as it arrives.
---
No More Heroes
#8MotiJrPosted 7/16/2012 12:32:05 PM
Well considering that the black strip along the top of the gamepad is meant to be a sensor bar, I think it's highly likely, but as previously stated, unconfirmed
#9Sky_RayquazaPosted 7/16/2012 2:58:41 PM
I want to play Wii Sports Resort with just the gamepad.
---
Great, just great. Now I look like the huge, mighty King of GUYS WHO TALK TO POSTERS! - Bowser, Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
#10D3V1NdaDOOD(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 10:37:09 PM
Sky_Rayquaza posted...
I want to play Wii Sports Resort with just the gamepad.

Not sure how that would work?

Why don't someone get a copy of Smash Bros. Brawl, put it in the Wii U, and see if pops up on the controller. Video it with a camcorder.