Resident Evil

#1john_4_pPosted 7/16/2012 9:56:49 PM
Can I play Resident Evil (Gamecube version) on the balcony/in the bathroom/in bed with only the Wii U gamepad?

If yes, instant buy.
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/16/2012 9:59:42 PM
It depends on a certain number of things

1) If REmake will be on VC
2) if VC supports screen streaming
3) range of wireless connection
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#3john_4_p(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 10:22:37 PM
Okay, then I'll wait with preordering until that's known.
#4InvadersMustDiePosted 7/16/2012 10:55:04 PM
Or you can just get the wii version of REmake......
#5john_4_p(Topic Creator)Posted 7/16/2012 11:08:51 PM
...which can be played solely on the Wii U gamepad?
#6randomshemsPosted 7/17/2012 5:46:25 AM
john_4_p posted...

If it has motion control most likely not just on the gamepad D:
#7nonexistingheroPosted 7/17/2012 6:52:05 AM
No, because the Wii U has no backwards compatability with the Gamecube. It also doesn't have backwards compatability with Gamecube controllers, so a game like Super Smash Bros. Brawl is nearly unplayable on it, unless you follow some tutorial to get a GC controller to work on it (which requires you to physically open the controllers).
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/17/2012 8:34:47 AM
nonexistinghero posted...
No, because the Wii U has no backwards compatability with the Gamecube. It also doesn't have backwards compatability with Gamecube controllers, so a game like Super Smash Bros. Brawl is nearly unplayable on it, unless you follow some tutorial to get a GC controller to work on it (which requires you to physically open the controllers).

He was talking about playing the game from Virtual Console, which GC virtual console has already been partially confirmed. And you can play Smash Bros without a Cube controller, thinking otherwise is just asinine. I'm partial to the Nunchuk controls myself.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#9john_4_p(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2012 8:42:54 AM
randomshems posted...
john_4_p posted...

If it has motion control most likely not just on the gamepad D:

I meant if it's possible to play it only on the gamepad (without TV).

P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
He was talking about playing the game from Virtual Console, which GC virtual console has already been partially confirmed.

Nah, Wii version would be fine, too. Just wanna play portable (well, portable within my home ;)) Resident Evil (Gamecube/Wii version).
#10FoppePosted 7/17/2012 8:49:23 AM
I guess it depends how the handle Wii BC.
If it's the same as how Wii handled GC BC, then it's a no because the whole system was locked into Gamecube mode, and no Wii hardware could be used like a Wiimote.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC