Rumor: Nintendo wants to own Banjo and Kazooie again

#61MechaKoopa5000Posted 7/20/2012 6:03:48 PM
Not to raise any hopes here, but there's always the possibility Retro's been working on a Banjo game for the 3DS, not Wii U. Microsoft and Rare have already agreed that their IPs are allowed on Nintendo's portables since Microsoft doesn't compete there.
#62KirbyIsAwesomePosted 7/20/2012 6:04:52 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
Not to raise any hopes here, but there's always the possibility Retro's been working on a Banjo game for the 3DS, not Wii U. Microsoft and Rare have already agreed that their IPs are allowed on Nintendo's portables since Microsoft doesn't compete there.

But that would mean they're working on two projects at the same time.
---
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President
#63MechaKoopa5000Posted 7/20/2012 6:33:32 PM
Did they ever officially say they were working on a Wii U game or is it all speculation based off the lackluster Nintendo Land presentation?
#64kinglink13(Topic Creator)Posted 7/20/2012 6:35:49 PM
MechaKoopa5000 posted...
Did they ever officially say they were working on a Wii U game or is it all speculation based off the lackluster Nintendo Land presentation?

After E3 2012 Nintendo confirmed that Retro is hard at work on a Wii U game.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#65ArabrockermanXPosted 7/20/2012 6:55:25 PM
Bull. Nintendo isn't going to try and purchase Rare or the IPs they owned(now owned by MS).

This rumor is obviously fan created.
#66mini_blightPosted 7/20/2012 7:22:13 PM
kinglink13 posted...
http://www.zeldainformer.com/

I stopped reading right there. Zeldainformer is run by sellouts.
#67Newbie00Posted 7/20/2012 8:34:33 PM
Rare is garbage.

I thought that was the consensus among drones since the company was acquired by MS?
---
Sokar, Eliot... lay off Tony. I can vouch for him. He's a top lad and a massive PS3 supporter. He's not an enemy here. - SomnusNemoris on the Sony Defense Force
#68MechaKoopa5000Posted 7/20/2012 9:02:26 PM
Rare is garbage.

I thought that was the consensus among drones since the company was acquired by MS?

I don't disagree. The current Rare is basically garbage. That doesn't mean their IP's are garbage, though. If Nintendo somehow got a hold of the Banjo-Kazooie license, Nintendo or a 2nd party could make a new Banjo game. Rare stinks these days, but Killer Instinct, Banjo-Kazooie, Jet Force Gemini, Perfect Dark, and Conker are all fantastic. Rare was the biggest reason to have an N64 back in the day for me.

Nintendo hasn't done much in the way of new IP's lately, so it'd be a breath of fresh air to at least see some of our old favorites get another chance. It'd be like reuniting with your brother who moved away and you haven't seen in 10 years. :)
#69JSC3Posted 7/21/2012 12:34:53 AM
As much as I want to believe this (and trust me, I WANNA BELIEVE THIS) I can't help but say it just isn't likely.
1. It's an anonymous email tip. It could be anyone, even me.
2. Retro working on a banjo game? How? They don't own the rights!
3. Nintendo wouldn't buy a whole studio just for one game, even a game as good as the Banjo Kazooie series.

I have been waiting for a proper Banjo Threeie games ever since I was a kid. I waited for over 10 years to hear at least a glimpse of new of Banjo back on Nintendo. Then I just realized it was never going to happen and moved on. If Rare ever does go back with Nintendo, they would need to hire the geniuses Rare had in the N64 days. I will cry rivers of joy if Rareware ever returns but sadly, and it kills me to say this, it's never gonna happen...
---
Wii U + Analog Triggers = Best Console ever... No Joke
#70CloudStrife630Posted 7/21/2012 12:37:05 AM
Newbie00 posted...
Rare is garbage.

I see comprehension isn't your strong suit. V_V
---
http://i.imgur.com/JiawS.jpg