I like how people forgot Gunpei Yokoi's philosophy that has guided Nintendo.

#21andrea987Posted 7/20/2012 10:42:00 AM
pixel378 posted...
ElectricMole posted...
Take what is old and make it new.

Its not new, its old tech used now to make it cheap to produce and make a profit on. Why else would they jump on HD so late, have a single touch screen that is pretty much a Iphone with much less capabilities, etc? Because if they put in the newer stuff it would be expensive, so they would rather put out products that become dated quickly but sell on brand name and hype, than expensive products that are ahead of their time and still relevant 7 years later like the ps3.

Not even trolling, this is just what Nintendo does man. Just because this concept is new in gaming doesn't mean it is new in other means.

I love my ps3, man, but from a logical and financial point of view, what nintendo does makes much more sense, I'm afraid. And what does it mean 'just because a concept is new in gaming'? That's their business, isn't it? They're not claiming to invent new tech for the world, lol. Gotta love people that are saying 'I hate nintendo 'cause they trying to sell existing tech to make profit'. Lol, so naive. What do you think, they're a business, and they've only got gaming to do business with, unlike sony or ms.
#22LimblessQuasarPosted 7/20/2012 12:04:38 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
Jackal posted...
For them to "desk" him because THEY rushed the Virtual Boy.

They didn't.

http://tinycartridge.com/post/862046655/virtual-boy-wasnt-gunpei-yokois-downfall

He retired and started his own company.

Memories are funny sometimes. So are things people say after what has already happened. At this point, it's not difficult to believe either side of the story, and even if everyone at Nintendo were to come out and say he wasn't shamed into leaving and did it all on his own, there would still be credence to the "other side of the story."

Whether he retired or was forced out, doesn't really matter to me. His leaving was unfortunate, and that's about all that I need to know.
---
Its only like 70 years away. By then, ill just be hitting my stride. Like the PS3. - Skul_
#23IcecreamdunwichPosted 7/20/2012 12:39:16 PM
And then that hack Miyamoto became the face of Nintendo.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#24EndgamePosted 7/20/2012 2:37:10 PM
It's too bad we lost Gunpei that day, Nintendo died that day as well.

not quite

.....when Iwata took over, and killed off Game Boy in favor of DS however, THAT is when Nintendo died

then Iwata proceeded to raise Nintendo in twisted undeath

oh stop it, Miyamoto was the face of Nintendo for a reason

.....and still is because most of Iwata's Nintendo's worst ideas came from whoever the hell killed and replaced Miyamoto
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#25pixel378Posted 7/20/2012 7:45:31 PM
andrea987 posted...
pixel378 posted...
ElectricMole posted...
Take what is old and make it new.

Its not new, its old tech used now to make it cheap to produce and make a profit on. Why else would they jump on HD so late, have a single touch screen that is pretty much a Iphone with much less capabilities, etc? Because if they put in the newer stuff it would be expensive, so they would rather put out products that become dated quickly but sell on brand name and hype, than expensive products that are ahead of their time and still relevant 7 years later like the ps3.

Not even trolling, this is just what Nintendo does man. Just because this concept is new in gaming doesn't mean it is new in other means.

I love my ps3, man, but from a logical and financial point of view, what nintendo does makes much more sense, I'm afraid. And what does it mean 'just because a concept is new in gaming'? That's their business, isn't it? They're not claiming to invent new tech for the world, lol. Gotta love people that are saying 'I hate nintendo 'cause they trying to sell existing tech to make profit'. Lol, so naive. What do you think, they're a business, and they've only got gaming to do business with, unlike sony or ms.

Obviously im talking from a consumer standpoint in which I could care less what profit they make. Nintendo can do what they do because of their name.They give you an inferior product to make money. From a business standpoint they are doing great but creating a bad rep with a lot of people who are starting to think they are releasing a bunch of shovelware junk like me.

I think its possible that they have dug themselves a shallow grave going after the casual consumer who probably won't see the need to upgrade a game system when their wii still works, where as hardcore gamers or people just interested in gaming will buy the new systems eagerly.
---
MGO- Mr. Detroit
#26zoogelioPosted 7/20/2012 7:56:23 PM
I thought his philosophy was to prepare us for an invasion of fanged space gelatinoids by practicing on them in video games. The other prong, which he never got to realize, was pioneering cyrogenic cannon science.
#27leeko_linkPosted 7/21/2012 2:01:18 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

Wasn't Miyamoto actually the first guy to make a game that did sell for Nintendo? Gunpei Yokoi at the time; other than selling those early Game and Watch units, didn't had success in creating a quality game until Miyamoto showed up. So Miyamoto had every right to be the face of Nintendo.
#28mini_blightPosted 7/21/2012 2:08:58 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...

If he's a hack, then you don't exist.