An idea how we could use GCN controllers for downloadable GCN games

#1JSC3Posted 7/21/2012 1:23:24 AM
Would it be possible for Nintendo to release an adapter that plugs into the wii remote that lets us plug in or more of our old GameCube controllers into? I think this would be the only possible way to play GCN games because some games like Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Luigi's Mansion made use of analog triggers and none of the Wii U controllers have the analog capability built in them. I know its spending more money for the adapter but what other choice would we have?
---
Wii U + Analog Triggers = Best Console ever... No Joke
#2CloudStrife630Posted 7/21/2012 1:26:37 AM
A 3rd party could make a Gamecube controller for the Wii U. I think there is a HIGH chance we see that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JiawS.jpg
#3DrakkDarkPosted 7/21/2012 1:56:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4leeko_linkPosted 7/21/2012 2:43:05 AM
JSC3 posted...
Would it be possible for Nintendo to release an adapter that plugs into the wii remote that lets us plug in or more of our old GameCube controllers into? I think this would be the only possible way to play GCN games because some games like Mario Sunshine, Melee, and Luigi's Mansion made use of analog triggers and none of the Wii U controllers have the analog capability built in them. I know its spending more money for the adapter but what other choice would we have?

You could still use the Wii CCP for the analog capabilities and like CloudStrife630 said there could be alternative 3rd party accessories that would either allow you to play your GCN controller on Wii U or they produce their own version of it for Wii U.
#5Gaming KingPosted 7/21/2012 4:06:51 AM(edited)
There are already adapters that convert GCN to USB. Assuming no compatibility issues, that would work. I use PS2 controllers on my PS3 and PC this way.

Speaking of those GCN adapters, I should hit eBay right about now, because I would like to use GCN controllers for some of my new Steam games and also use my computer to test the controllers for problems I seem to be having with some of their sticks.

EDIT: All expensive!! Anypony got a link to a cheap one? I got the PlayStation 2 one for like 3 bucks!!
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
LOL WUT? Am I still using GameFAQs, or is this some parallel world?