An idea how we could use N64 controllers for downloadable N64 games

#1blue_hedgehogPosted 7/21/2012 1:36:57 AM
Would it be possible for Nintendo to release an adapter that plugs into the wii remote that lets us plug in or more of our old N64 controllers into? I think this would be the only possible way to play N64 games because some games like Super Mario 64, Smash Bros, and Banjo Kazooie made use of C buttons and none of the Wii U controllers have the C buttons built in them. I know its spending more money for the adapter but what other choice would we have?
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
#2CloudStrife630Posted 7/21/2012 1:38:08 AM
A 3rd party could make a N64 controller for the Wii U. I think there is a HIGH chance we see that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JiawS.jpg
#3JSC3Posted 7/21/2012 1:43:20 AM
Why would we need a N64 controller to play N64 games? The gamepad has enough buttons for it :D
---
Wii U + Analog Triggers = Best Console ever... No Joke
#4wingo84Posted 7/21/2012 1:57:20 AM
JSC3 posted...
Why would we need a N64 controller to play N64 games? The gamepad has enough buttons for it :D

I'm sure they would optimise the games for the pro controller, which would make it awkward for a third party controller to be fully compatible depending on on how each games control system was optimised...
---
"Men face reality, Women don't... That's why men need to drink"
#5Starwars4JPosted 7/21/2012 2:00:51 AM
blue hedgehog posted...
made use of C buttons and none of the Wii U controllers have the C buttons built in them.

The C buttons became the C stick which became (across all consoles) the second stick. As both the gamepad and the Pro controller contain a second stick, both can emulate the C button inputs.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#6kreegan64Posted 7/21/2012 5:22:17 AM
Me thinks tc be doin' himself o' bit o' satirizin' ta prove he gots a point.
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
#7guedesbrawlPosted 7/21/2012 5:34:06 AM
the nunchuck setting is the best way yo play n64 games.
the d-pad makes a perfect 4C buttons, especially since it's not bellow the A button.

believe me, i tried
---
My ''D'' is not working properly, so if the post above makes little sense, try adding one somewhere, an ifyou can, send me an mensage about it, i'll fix it!