An idea how we could use N64 controllers for downloadable N64 games

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. An idea how we could use N64 controllers for downloadable N64 games
3 years ago#1
Would it be possible for Nintendo to release an adapter that plugs into the wii remote that lets us plug in or more of our old N64 controllers into? I think this would be the only possible way to play N64 games because some games like Super Mario 64, Smash Bros, and Banjo Kazooie made use of C buttons and none of the Wii U controllers have the C buttons built in them. I know its spending more money for the adapter but what other choice would we have?
---
Official Cyndaquil of the Pokemon Black/White Version 2 Board - http://i.imgur.com/XWPfA.png
Click HERE to find out if you're stupid.
3 years ago#2
A 3rd party could make a N64 controller for the Wii U. I think there is a HIGH chance we see that.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JiawS.jpg
3 years ago#3
Why would we need a N64 controller to play N64 games? The gamepad has enough buttons for it :D
---
Wii U + Analog Triggers = Best Console ever... No Joke
3 years ago#4
JSC3 posted...
Why would we need a N64 controller to play N64 games? The gamepad has enough buttons for it :D

I'm sure they would optimise the games for the pro controller, which would make it awkward for a third party controller to be fully compatible depending on on how each games control system was optimised...
---
"Men face reality, Women don't... That's why men need to drink"
3 years ago#5
blue hedgehog posted...
made use of C buttons and none of the Wii U controllers have the C buttons built in them.

The C buttons became the C stick which became (across all consoles) the second stick. As both the gamepad and the Pro controller contain a second stick, both can emulate the C button inputs.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
3 years ago#6
Me thinks tc be doin' himself o' bit o' satirizin' ta prove he gots a point.
---
Jesus Christ saves any who call and accept him. Today is better than tomorrow to get saved. Never accept the mark of the beast.
3 years ago#7
the nunchuck setting is the best way yo play n64 games.
the d-pad makes a perfect 4C buttons, especially since it's not bellow the A button.

believe me, i tried
---
My ''D'' is not working properly, so if the post above makes little sense, try adding one somewhere, an ifyou can, send me an mensage about it, i'll fix it!
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. An idea how we could use N64 controllers for downloadable N64 games

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived