Aren't exernal hard drives bad for gaming?

#71nurnberg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 1:34:06 PM
SoaringDive posted...
The additional costs for an external hard drive are WAAAY less than the mark-up price Sony/Microsoft put on their console because of the internal harddrive ($100 more for just 250GB? That's insane, something you'd expect Apple to do).

Also, let's not forget the additional costs for having a graphic chip in a console, and also a processor, so I hope they remove those on the Wii-U, because I am a very, very cheap guy and will settle for garbage.
#72MegagunstarmanPosted 7/22/2012 1:35:35 PM
nurnberg posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
You don't get patches is the point though, do you can have some very broken games.

Patches? Patches are not needed and a waste of disk space. Also they are too complicated to install because they require the internet. Lol!

Patches won't fill up 4GB. Unless you're talking about patches with actual content (for example, big WoW patches). I guess if the rumors of PSO2 for Wii U are true this would be a valid argument.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#73nurnberg(Topic Creator)Posted 7/22/2012 1:37:32 PM
Megagunstarman posted...
nurnberg posted...
You don't get patches is the point though, do you can have some very broken games.

Patches? Patches are not needed and a waste of disk space. Also they are too complicated to install because they require the internet. Lol!

Patches won't fill up 4GB. Unless you're talking about patches with actual content (for example, big WoW patches). I guess if the rumors of PSO2 for Wii U are true this would be a valid argument.

Yeah, I am from 2001. I used a time machine. Patches only take a few MBs. 4GBs? That's more than enough!
#74P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/22/2012 1:44:28 PM
Is there a way to mark someone for being a dumbass?
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#75LinetrixPosted 7/22/2012 1:52:23 PM(edited)
Megagunstarman posted...
nurnberg posted...

Talk about being completely clueless. Even for small games like Dead Nation, a single patch, to support the trophies from DLCs for instance, is usually 200 to 350 MB (the latest patch for Dead Nation had 380 MB if I recall correctly). And that's the patch only, not the DLC.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#76LinetrixPosted 7/22/2012 1:51:36 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

You can't mark yourself. Ask someone else to do it or create another account and mark your post.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation
#77Shinobi120Posted 7/22/2012 2:05:33 PM(edited)
Like I said before on another topic, Nintendo's going to come out with expensive external HDD's for Wii U just like Microsoft comes out with expensive HDD's for Xbox 360, but you can easily go on sites like newegg.com, & get something like a 1 TB external HDD for very cheap, just like you could buy internal HDD's for PS3 for cheap online (like a laptop portable HDD).

It's too bad that the majority of consumers (being casuals) aren't very tech heavy & doesn't know about this.
#78IcecreamdunwichPosted 7/22/2012 3:15:39 PM
Yes, Sony allows other companies to produce their "proprietary" hardware... For a fee. And it's still stupidly expensive, no matter where it comes from! Plus, Sony gets to control that entire submarket.
There were not good quality cheap MS Pro Duo memory sticks. On the other hand, a high quality 32GB SDHC or MicroSDHC card is beans. Plus, the micros are faster and smaller than MSPro. Find me a good 32GB MSPro for under $50.

http://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Platinum-Memory-Stick-LMSPD32GBSBNA/dp/B002RL8UQ6/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1342998861&sr=1-1&keywords=Memory+Stick+Pro+Duo+32
$49.99 so .01 under $50 lol.

And honestly back in the PSP days most of us used MicroSD adapters.
#79ZvolTxPosted 7/22/2012 3:18:35 PM
Linetrix posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

You can't mark yourself. Ask someone else to do it or create another account and mark your post.

Are you asking us to mark you, since you can't do it yourself?
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
Dem mods....
#80DavCubePosted 7/22/2012 3:23:54 PM
strongo9 posted...
KouenZan posted...
Yes because it's an extra cost

Lol, no. A 360 with the 250GB internal hard drive costs $100 more than the model a 4GB drive. With $100 you could get a 1GB-2GB external hard drive.

Yeah, in 2005, maybe. I hope you meant TB rather than GB.
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube