Nintendo Direct on Monday- DQX goodness

#1CloudStrife630Posted 7/25/2012 2:35:12 AM
http://andriasang.com/con21c/dqx_nintendo_direct/

Gonna watch this. Nintendo is doing Nintendo Directs for individual games now. Pretty cool.
---
http://i.imgur.com/JiawS.jpg
#2kinglink13Posted 7/25/2012 5:40:49 AM
Maybe we will get to see Wii U footage of Dragon Quest X :D.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#3PedroMontanaPosted 7/25/2012 6:01:30 AM
CloudStrife630 posted...
Nintendo is doing Nintendo Directs for individual games now. Pretty cool.

I actually think this isn't cool at all.
Big shows like E3 and TGS are the events that get attention from the gaming media and increasingly also from mainstream media.
Those are the events where companies need to get attention and leave positive impressions, while trying to overshadow their competitors.

The only people who know and care about this Direct stuff are already Nintendo fans. To tell these people what they'd find out anyway, Nintendo wastes major reveals that could actually make them look good at events like E3 and TGS.

Having like 20 Nintendo Direct events throughout the year that no one but Club Nintendo members pays attention to does not make up for having no presence at TGS and looking like a loser at E3 when you would actually have interesting products to show off.
---
No More Heroes
#4kinglink13Posted 7/25/2012 6:08:22 AM
PedroMontana posted...
CloudStrife630 posted...

Big shows like E3 and TGS are the events that get attention from the gaming media and increasingly also from mainstream media.
Those are the events where companies need to get attention and leave positive impressions, while trying to overshadow their competitors.

The only people who know and care about this Direct stuff are already Nintendo fans. To tell these people what they'd find out anyway, Nintendo wastes major reveals that could actually make them look good at events like E3 and TGS.

Having like 20 Nintendo Direct events throughout the year that no one but Club Nintendo members pays attention to does not make up for having no presence at TGS and looking like a loser at E3 when you would actually have interesting products to show off.

They are just advertising and showing off the games, it doesn't have to wait to E3 and TGS all the time, and if you wanted the game you would look into it, Dragon Quest X is coming in Japan soon so it won't be at TGS (they will probably show the Wii U footage though).
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#5Board_hunter567Posted 7/25/2012 6:44:42 AM
Pretty nice for third parties I guess.

PedroMontana posted...
Having like 20 Nintendo Direct events throughout the year that no one but Club Nintendo members pays attention to

Any bits of interesting news dropped through past Nintendo Directs have always been regurgitated by the mainstream media.
#6PedroMontanaPosted 7/25/2012 8:59:35 AM
@ kinglink13:

Yes, i know. I wasn't really complaining about this one DQX Direct in particular, but about Nintendo's general concept of not attending/not giving as much as they could at major events while saving up info for small Nintendo-only events.

boardhunter567

PedroMontana posted...
Having like 20 Nintendo Direct events throughout the year that no one but Club Nintendo members pays attention to

Any bits of interesting news dropped through past Nintendo Directs have always been regurgitated by the mainstream media.

The mainstream media (= regular TV stations and newspapers) did not report on Nintendo Direct at all. These institutions only cover events like E3 and TGS. These are the institutions that declared Nintendo the winner of E3 2006, while they said that there was nothing special at E3 2012 and that people are eagerly waiting for Sony's and MS next consoles.

What you are talking about is the gaming media (IGN, Gamespot...). Of course these report on anything gaming related, but it's pretty obvious they also treat the random news that keeps tickling in throughout the year differently from the shows that are the main events of the year for these people/journalists.
---
No More Heroes
#71shadetail1Posted 7/25/2012 9:08:33 AM
PedroMontana posted...
CloudStrife630 posted...

Have you ever heard the expression about being able to walk and chew gum at the same time? Nintendo does have the big press events, and they also have these smaller productions aimed at the fans. They can do both.

As for things like E3 and TGS, Nintendo's pattern for several years now has been to put on their own press events, which is why they generally don't bother themselves to juice their announcements at the media circus shows. Personally, I think that's a smart choice, because events like E3 have been getting to be more and more of a joke recently. They aren't even about the games anymore; they're about putting on a show, while the press waste their time and ours with idiotic horse-race stories about who "won". Why waste time on the likes of TGS or GDC Europe when nobody is going to pay any attention to the actual gaming announcements?
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8bigjclassicPosted 7/25/2012 9:23:28 AM
ITT: good news is not allowed.

DQX is a killer app no matter how people down play its importance. Hope we get Wii U screens and info.
---
PSN: classicviolence <people=ignorance>
My channel: youtube.com/classicviolence
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 7/25/2012 10:05:28 AM
bigjclassic posted...
ITT: good news is not allowed.

DQX is a killer app no matter how people down play its importance. Hope we get Wii U screens and info.

^This.

DQX alone will sell consoles in Japan.
Hell,. anyone in Japan who doesn't already have a Wii, will probably have one by the time DQX comes out.
And those people who already have a Wii AND a WIi copy of DQX, will probably buy a WiiU, just for DQX, it's THAT popular.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#10Sylar100Posted 7/25/2012 1:37:27 PM
Ugh stupid MMORPG.

DQ10 could of been a good game if it were like DQ9