Shane Satterfield: Wii U will be $299.99 according to "certain channels".

#61mini_blightPosted 7/29/2012 12:45:06 AM
GeassMaster posted...
mini_blight posted...
CloudStrife630 posted...
kinglink13 posted...
Some people on Neogaf are acting like it should be $200.

Oh Neogaf.

You mean Sonygaf?

If they admitted that, then they couldn't pretend to be neutral and representative of the average hardcore gamer.

If you guys think that it's SonyGAF you should look at all the trolling done on most of the Sony threads.

Which barely exists. Most of the "trolling" gets shouted down pretty quickly or banned. Sony fanboys are hypersensitive. Anything remotely negative for Sony is treated like a terrorist attack against SCE. Try being pro-Nintendo at that place and watch in awe as you get hate ****ed by Sony, MS and now Apple fanboys. Liking Nintendo at that place is like being a black man at a KKK rally.
#62mini_blightPosted 7/29/2012 12:57:35 AM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
- This Holiday season rolls around

...was this the beginning of a fairytale you forgot to complete? But HEEEYYYY, you're back! I missed you! I see you brought us some fine wine on this bitter night.

- New PS3 SKU (we already know about it) selling for $200, 60GB HD, huge library of AAA $20 Games

Will it be 200 or 150? I'm hearing conflicting reports.

- 360 Kinect Bundle Deal selling for $99$ with a ton of $20 quality titles as well

No, it will cost $400+ over time. I can't believe you're lying about this one again.

- Wii U with a meager 8 GB storage selling for $299, with full price $60 ports of games that are $20 on all other platforms and games that spent most of their dev life on Wii

With a Wii U gamepad that lets you do all sorts of interesting things. :)

Those games that you claim are $20 on other platforms? Which ones are they?

Is ANYONE here actually an adult living on their own with a full plate of bills to pay, and not a sheltered kid or young adult living at home with mommy and daddy? I get that this board is utterly saturated with blind fanboys and all but come on, use your common sense! The Wii sold out because it was the CHEAPEST buy at the time.

Are you pretending to be a mature adult raining down some deep wisdom on us lowly children, again? Well, I guess it beats you pretending to be a Nintendo fan.

You wanna know what else was cheapest to buy? The Dreamcast and the Gamecube.
#63P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 7/29/2012 1:45:04 AM
Here's what Harada actually said. I'll bold the parts people are ignoring.

As far as graphical processing and such, it’s not much of an issue. But as far as the CPU goes, the clock is kinda low. I guess they’re [Nintendo] trying to keep power consumption down so we have to come up with creative ways to get around that and that’s taking a little bit of time.”

When asked whether is was slower than PS3 or 360 he replied, "Maybe a little bit."

“For example on PS3 it was kind of difficult at first, but if you made good use of the different cores, you could split up the processing tasks and you could achieve very good effects. But this is kind of a different issue than that.

When discussing the progress of the Wii U version, Harada said it is "coming along quite rapidly" and "isn't far behind" the PS3 and 360 versions.

http://m.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a392539/wii-u-processing-speed-low-compared-to-360-ps3-says-tekken-producer.html

This is why he later stated,
"I’m a bit reluctant to talk about the Wii U specs, when I mentioned something earlier it got totally blown out of proportion and twisted."
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#64ugglanPosted 7/29/2012 4:22:20 AM
I'd say that sounds reasonable, and it will probably translate to roughly €300 in Europe, that is usually how it goes with console releases.
---
Make an instrumental add a little vocal; take to the stage and make the people go loco!
#65Board_hunter567Posted 7/29/2012 12:10:17 PM(edited)
Oh, I hadn't realized this had turned into yet another hardware discussion (and a NeoGAF bash party apparently - not that I'm complaining).
The thing about these discussions is that it helps if all parties understand the technology behind the hardware. I'll be the first to admit I don't know all the facts myself, but even I know enough to tell when someone is incorrect (or acknowledge that I myself am incorrect).
#66ballermat982Posted 7/29/2012 2:17:40 PM
I think $300 is a great price. The question is will that include the gamepad or better yet a gamepad and a packed in game.
#67ugglanPosted 7/30/2012 12:06:30 AM
ballermat982 posted...
I think $300 is a great price. The question is will that include the gamepad or better yet a gamepad and a packed in game.

I can't imagine they would be selling the console w/o the gamepad, since it's such an integral part of the system experience.
---
Make an instrumental add a little vocal; take to the stage and make the people go loco!
#68strongo9Posted 7/30/2012 12:14:40 AM(edited)
I'm expecting $350, but hoping for $300.

That way I don't get disappointed.
---
I want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon,
New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends!
#69wolf_blitzer85Posted 7/30/2012 12:14:25 AM
I hate to be negative, but with the economy the way it is, it should be $199.99.

And honestly, if the games were priced at $59.99 for the Platinum, and $39.99-$49.99 for the rest, it would mean huge software sales.
---
Hail the great American Patriots: Limbaugh, Beck, Alex Jones, Hannity, and Malkin. We are truly blessed they are protecting us..from reality.
#70strongo9Posted 7/30/2012 12:18:00 AM
wolf_blitzer85 posted...
I hate to be negative, but with the economy the way it is, it should be $199.99.

At times like this the cost of things only goes up because of the decreasing value of the dollar and the increasing cost of goods and resources. It's called inflation. Learn some economics before you make stupid, outlandish statements like that.
---
I want Paper Mario Sticker Star, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon,
New Super Mario Bros. 2, New Super Mario Bros. U, and Rayman Legends!