Interesting Nintendo discussion: Nintendo's top dogs are getting old

#1IcecreamdunwichPosted 7/29/2012 8:21:19 PM
http://www.reddit.com/r/truegaming/comments/x6zgb/the_future_of_nintendo_key_figures_are_getting_old/

I agree with many of the points, Nintendo really just isn't what they uses to be. And they are going to flounder once their top dogs pass on, since other than Sakurai there really is no generally young talent there...
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#2Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 7/29/2012 8:22:00 PM
Old and Senile. Miyamaoto lost his magic he needs to go.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#3SentinoxPosted 7/29/2012 8:25:00 PM
They don't need to worry, Miyamoto's worked with quite a few people and trained them in his way.
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards
#4Starwars4JPosted 7/29/2012 8:26:11 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

He's that big of a threat to you, eh? :)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 7/29/2012 8:35:01 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

He's that big of a threat to you, eh? :)

Yes I am afraid that his forceful shoving of casual crap like wii fit and wii music down our throats, will continue to increase the amount of developers spending their time and money making similar shovelware games to appease their new casual audience.

Thankfully only the wii suffered from that this gen, but even I want nintendo to better next gen.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08
#6Icecreamdunwich(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2012 8:36:40 PM
Yeah, I'm of the 'Miyamoto retire already' camp too.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7SentinoxPosted 7/29/2012 8:38:44 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Yeah, I'm of the 'Miyamoto retire already' camp too.

Why? he's made great games and continues too. Sure they're not as stellar as they used to be but he's had more of a hands off approach for the last few years. Now he's back on Video game development so maybe we'll see some of his glory days quality games again
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards
#8nintenden24Posted 7/29/2012 8:40:45 PM
Sakurai needs to be put in charge of directing Nintendo. Miyamoto has absolutely no sense of what good hardware is. He should just stick to making a game every once in a while. I like Iwata, but he seems much more interested profits than Nintendo's fan-base.
#9BSerenityPosted 7/29/2012 8:42:02 PM
nintenden24 posted...
Sakurai needs to be put in charge of directing Nintendo. Miyamoto has absolutely no sense of what good hardware is. He should just stick to making a game every once in a while. I like Iwata, but he seems much more interested profits than Nintendo's fan-base.

Erase Iwata and insert Reggie, lol.
---
La morte e alle mie punte delle dita
Non ne temero c'e ne che la desiderino su me!
#10Starwars4JPosted 7/29/2012 8:42:03 PM
Sentinox posted...
Why?

Because Senor has always been immensely threatened by Nintendo and can't understand (and hates) the fact that they have made and continued to make this past generation some of the most polished and highly rated games of all time. He used to be an okay troll, but these days it's just the same stuff rehashed again and again. Kind've disappointing to see him to backwards instead of forwards in his "art".
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade