WII-U will probably be first Nintendo Console I Pass up

#11NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 3:38:30 PM
Starwars4J posted...
You do understand that the gamepad is literally the pro controller with a screen in the middle, right?

Perhaps its the bad taste the wii left in my mouth, and the fact those controllers are gonna be constly. I tend to get 4 controllers, because My friends have a blast playing Multiplayer Wii games. Well some of them.

I'll probably just be sticking to my PS3 this gen, and PC games. I dunno.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Tales Symphonia, FF 7, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot, MAG, Tachyon
#12darkqueenhelbaPosted 7/30/2012 3:42:46 PM
I make my friends buy their own controllers. Am I mean? Kee, kee, kee! ~,~

IC: *look left/right* YUP!!!!!! *HIGH FIVE*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A16J1KUYFyY
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#13Sami1000Posted 7/30/2012 3:45:11 PM
I have no friends so i'm fine with one...wait...*sad face*
#14DTY3Posted 7/30/2012 3:45:12 PM
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...
You do understand that the gamepad is literally the pro controller with a screen in the middle, right?

Perhaps its the bad taste the wii left in my mouth, and the fact those controllers are gonna be constly. I tend to get 4 controllers, because My friends have a blast playing Multiplayer Wii games. Well some of them.

Then get 3 Pro controllers. Boom. Way better than the Wii.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#15VampiricDragon_Posted 7/30/2012 3:48:30 PM
the wii u gamepad is really good according to playtestings Id give it a chance
#16KirbyIsAwesomePosted 7/30/2012 4:39:46 PM
You can use both the Pro Controller and the GamePad. Wiimotes are also compatible for some games (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, etc.).
---
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President
#17NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 4:40:51 PM
KirbyIsAwesome posted...
You can use both the Pro Controller and the GamePad. Wiimotes are also compatible for some games (New Super Mario Bros, Nintendo Land, Pikmin 3, etc.).

I always fear this though. For example, I had the Pro for WII, but most of the games still used the wiimote + nunchuck
---
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Tales Symphonia, FF 7, Planetside, Dark Age of Camelot, MAG, Tachyon
#18psychoboo13Posted 7/30/2012 4:49:57 PM
NCPwn posted...
KirbyIsAwesome posted...

I always fear this though. For example, I had the Pro for WII, but most of the games still used the wiimote + nunchuck

Well, it's kind of reversed now. The standard then (wiimote & chuck) is now secondary to the gamepad/pro controller. So more games will be made with the gamepad in mind then given a second option with the wiimote and nunchuck.
---
When did fallacies become the norm in this world? -CPUX
When they didn't put an I.Q. Test on the Windows startup screen. -ZimbabweBob
#19MelkaticoxPosted 7/30/2012 5:16:03 PM
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...

You can't connect 4 GamePads to the Wii U, you dummy...

You NEED to use a gamepad, and 4 pro controllers/wiimotes plus...
#20NCPwn(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 5:16:51 PM
Melkaticox posted...
NCPwn posted...
Starwars4J posted...

You can't connect 4 GamePads to the Wii U, you dummy...

You NEED to use a gamepad, and 4 pro controllers/wiimotes plus...

Cool
---