Nintendo: Nintendo Land is for more passionate gamers.

#21sonic777Posted 7/30/2012 10:24:34 PM
Stefan1277 posted...
I agree. It is for passionate players. You REAAAALLLLYYYY have to like nintendo and everything they do to get in on that thing.

Win.
#22Sol_ClydePosted 7/30/2012 10:32:32 PM
I don't think it's a bad game. I'm sure I'll have fun with it. But everything they've been saying about this game, their effort to convince people to be hyped for it... I'm starting to get tired of this guy. He's out of his mind.
#23Skul_Posted 7/30/2012 11:03:30 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Which means its not a pack in basically, which means quite a few might not buy it.

I think either Nintendo land or NSMBU will be packed in.

Only one of their consoles ever packed in a game and it was necessary to really show people why the console was different.

The situation is not the same this time around.

Don't get your hopes up.

Super Mario Bros. 3 was a pack in at one point.
---
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF.
i5-2500@3.3GHz|8GB|GeForceGTX550TI||W7-64bit|1TBHDD|P8Z68M-PRO
#24ElectricMolePosted 7/30/2012 11:53:17 PM
Sol_Clyde posted...
I don't think it's a bad game. I'm sure I'll have fun with it. But everything they've been saying about this game, their effort to convince people to be hyped for it... I'm starting to get tired of this guy. He's out of his mind.

I know, its like he's not saying anything of substance to explain the details. Just a bunch of empty praise that could be applied to any game in any given situation. Nintendo Land isnt something thats enticing me to spend $59-$60 on it.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#25EoinPosted 7/31/2012 12:14:02 AM
There's so many options for Nintendo Land apart from "pack-in" or "full-price retail title".

Here's some of them:

- Pack-in demo

- Budget retail title

- IAP structure with the console coming with some of the 12 mini-games and the rest being available for sale separately.

- Digital "pack-in", with the game not coming with the console, but being freely downloadable - hence encouraging people to sing up for the Nintendo Network

- Pack-in for a "premium"-style SKU. It's entirely possible that the Wii U won't have just one SKU available at launch - that there could be something like what the 360 (and to a lesser extent the PS3) do, with a basic model and a premium model (maybe with more internal storage and/or a Wii remote/nunchuck in the pack), with the premium model including Nintendo Land.

I expect Nintendo Land to be given away....in some form, to some percentage of people. I doubt it'll be a simple pack-in though, given the amount of other options that Nintendo have.
#26Wario_manPosted 7/31/2012 1:23:41 AM
More depth and longevity than Wii Sports..um, congratulations?
---
The Wii U is a solution to a problem that didn't exist before Nintendo said it was a problem.
#27ArabrockermanXPosted 7/31/2012 2:50:00 AM
Starwars4J posted...
First of all this is for Japan, and Wii Sports was not a pack-in for Japan.

Secondly I've been saying that even for America...they've been hyping this game way too much, they were counting on this being big and NOT giving it away. I think it will bomb HARD if not packed in. However I also understand that more work was put into it than just as a "pack-in", so they're really in a no-win scenario.

There is not that much work put into it... It should be a pack in game it has some neat little features but seriously it only has 12 mini games. Why would I buy a mini-game compilation that small for full retail?

Same for NSMBU. They are going to have titles that should be $15 stand alone listed at $50-60 difference is NSMBU can sell on its own because it is Mario. I bought NSMBWii knowing I would get done with it in no time that being said all the grief that game caused was worth it. Although I don't know why I'm bashing NSMB I platinum-ed Assassins Creed 2 in 17 hours(that's more than just winning the game) and it took me about 10-11 hours to win NSMBWii. I don't really speed through games unless I don't like them(inFamous1&2).
#28DrkVrtxPosted 7/31/2012 3:04:05 AM
Personally, there is no chance in hell that I would play this game, even if it comes free with the system. If it DOESN'T come packed in, I have no idea what Nintendo is thinking.