WOOHOO! Yay for no motion controls! F U, motion controls!

#1akxsionPosted 7/30/2012 9:53:24 PM
yea, yippee skippee we are getting a somewhat normal controller. It functions as a normal controller with 2 analog sticks and buttons galore and the best thing is.....

WE DON'T HAVE TO FLAIL OUR ARMS AROUND LIKE A MORON!

Anyhow, Wii U should be awesome, and I love the tablet controller, since I use a tablet to draw digital art, so naturally I love the idea.

questions:

- How are they implementing the touchscreen anyway? inventory / map / ?

- Will the touchscreen be used for every game?

- Do games require moving the tablet at all or aiming it at the screen or anything?

- I hope the tablet is used for things such as puzzles and moves like in Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow for NDS, or like Okami.
#2CrystalKing5426Posted 7/30/2012 9:55:04 PM
Someone please remind me; who's alt is this?
---
If you believe in the Dark Lord Xenu and are 100% proud of it, put this in you signature.
#3Someguy_13Posted 7/30/2012 9:56:48 PM
It's been stated that Zelda at least is keeping motion controls, so I would imagine at least some other games will as well.

And you know what, as far as Zelda is concerned, I'm glad. After Skyward Sword, not doing motion for Zelda games would feel like a huge step backwards.

Anyway, as far as how the touch screen controls go, I would imagine it'll work something like the (3)DS does. With each game using it in many different ways.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#4LHS_2012Posted 7/30/2012 9:56:52 PM
1. Depends on the developer, but inventory/map seems like the go-to use
2. Not necessarily
3. Depends on the game, but I think only Nintendo Land and Batman use it that way so far. I could be forgetting another though.
4. Not really a question, but I agree
---
3DS: 1547-5445-2482
Leasing sig space
#5BeastLeeAdamsPosted 7/30/2012 9:57:19 PM
- How are they implementing the touchscreen anyway? inventory / map / ?

Inventory/Map and most likely other stuff

- Will the touchscreen be used for every game?

No

- Do games require moving the tablet at all or aiming it at the screen or anything?

Yes

- I hope the tablet is used for things such as puzzles and moves like in Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow for NDS, or like Okami.

Probably
#6akxsion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 10:01:23 PM
It's been stated that Zelda at least is keeping motion controls, so I would imagine at least some other games will as well.

And you know what, as far as Zelda is concerned, I'm glad. After Skyward Sword, not doing motion for Zelda games would feel like a huge step backwards.

Skyward Sword was a huge ass step backwards. The most casualized linear 3D Zelda ever. And regular controller >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> motion controller.

How can they keep the motion controls when the Wii U tablet controller isn't used like a Wiimote? The next Zelda will be Wii U Tablet controller compatible, since that is the main controller of the system.

So, new Zeldas are guaranteed to be Tablet compatible. Great news for me, since Skyward Sword's controls are gut wrenching.
#7DonnyKDPosted 7/30/2012 10:03:12 PM
"How can they keep the motion controls when the Wii U tablet controller isn't used like a Wiimote?"

The Wii U GamePad still has motion controls. Derp.

Oh, and SS' controls were nowhere near "gut-wrenching". Here's a thought, stop flailing it around like an idjit and do slow precise swings.
#8IcecreamdunwichPosted 7/30/2012 10:05:22 PM
Skyward Sword was easily the worst Zelda game, all thanks to the controls.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#9akxsion(Topic Creator)Posted 7/30/2012 10:06:41 PM
"How can they keep the motion controls when the Wii U tablet controller isn't used like a Wiimote?"

The Wii U GamePad still has motion controls. Derp.

Oh, and SS' controls were nowhere near "gut-wrenching". Here's a thought, stop flailing it around like an idjit and do slow precise swings.

so, you're going to swing around a huge bulky $100 tablet controller that is probably heavy, like a sword?

DERP DERP DERP DERP HERP HERP DERP

oh and are you going to swing around the huge controller one or two handed?

Oh, and SS' controls were nowhere near "gut-wrenching".

they are awful and inaccurate. especially swimming.
#10BeastLeeAdamsPosted 7/30/2012 10:09:54 PM
The wiimote is compatible with the Wii U, you will be able to use it with the next Zelda game wether you like it or not.