The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Challenge: Invent a new, original IP

#1Enigma149Posted 8/4/2012 8:35:33 PM
(This topic will be posted on the PS3 and XBox 360 boards as well).

We've all heard it before: some Nintendo fan complains that all the PS3 and 360 have are FPS games, followed by a retort that Nintendo simply rehashes all of their titles. Somewhere in the middle, a Microsoft fan comments that they have better third-party exclusives, while a Sony fan will retort that their third-party exclusives are more original.

Eventually, everyone just starts complaining about how the game industry has no new ideas.

Well, guess what? Now is the time to fix it. Sure, it may not be your job, but as a gamer, you ought to have some good idea for a new, original IP with new, original gameplay and a new, original story.

Go!
---
''Kill cams is also Call of Duty, a game that isn't violent at all.'' - DesperateMonkey
PSN:CrimsonEnigma (though you won't find me online); 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#2MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 8/4/2012 8:38:16 PM
I think they should have mario or zelda in whatever "new" game they bring out.
#3Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2012 8:41:22 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
I think they should have mario or zelda in whatever "new" game they bring out.

No, that doesn't count. Has to be a new IP, not a "New" IP.
---
''Kill cams is also Call of Duty, a game that isn't violent at all.'' - DesperateMonkey
PSN:CrimsonEnigma (though you won't find me online); 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#4MR_Smarty_PantsPosted 8/4/2012 8:47:47 PM
But Nintendo can't make a "New IP".
#5knightimexPosted 8/4/2012 8:48:58 PM
MR_Smarty_Pants posted...
But Nintendo can't make a "New IP".

Neither can anyone else.
It's all been done already.
---
(39) ??? - Awarded to users with at least 10000 Karma.
10,000 Karma = 27+ years = Forever alone
#6pikachupwnagePosted 8/4/2012 8:51:38 PM
*TC has a great idea*

*People ignore that and argue*

Pathetic....................

(Will be putting up an idea BTW)
---
Ching Ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general/Virtual patrolman of the NDF
#7DemonDog666Posted 8/4/2012 8:54:33 PM
3D survival horror platformer or maybe action adventure, contains both fast paced running away scenes and puzzles, you have no weapons but you can manipulate the environment to kill enemies in some cases and you die if an enemy touches you.

Basically mirror's edge meets those running away parts in prince of persia meets limbo.
#8cha_fan1Posted 8/4/2012 8:56:59 PM
Starring yourself (your Mii), you must find out what has happened to the music of the world! Music is running amok and you must battle its destructive powers with your handy pencil and eraser to solve musical problems and fix the notation!

Stems will change. Beams will fly! Rests will... rest? Puzzle your way through this musical malady to fix people's souls. But beware, a wrong note early on can spell disaster!

Educational, quirky, and probably destined for the discount bin. But it's new! Say, is that stem upside down?!?

Special bonus levels have you renotate melodies and harmonies by ear to unlock additional tools, such as: The Composer's Clock, or the Arranger's Ear!
---
A musical sentence is a motive that is immediately developed upon then drives towards a PAC, IAC, or HC. The PC was likely unallowed due to counterpoint rules.
#9Kiro_namiPosted 8/4/2012 9:01:13 PM
How about a game where you shoot stuff.
---
I think Scumbag Steve might be a mod.
Mods your thread for being off topic. Doesn't mod troll topics.
#10SentinoxPosted 8/4/2012 9:13:23 PM(edited)
OK. In a dark world filled with demonic monsters who lurk and spread hate and flames across a nation. These monsters use trickery and hate to cause war and destruction upon peace lands. No one is safe. Those who fall for the trickery of these monsters are weak and those who choose to participate in these wars to defend the honor of others are as evil as the monsters themselves. In this war torn monster filled land, there are but few knights. These knights have great power, the power to eradicate the monsters attacks and even destroy them yet they are so few in number, they can not do it alone. And now, the power of the monsters have reached great heights, and who will stop them? Only a sole knight, You the newest in their ranks have the courage to fight these beasts. Gather the knights, fight the monsters destroy the bridges of evil and journey on a quest to find the Deity of the realm , sole god of this realm, with the power to suppress these monsters to levels no one ever imagined. It is up to you! Save this land before the legendary monster is born and the land is lost from this world.
GameFAQs: The Game Rise of Trollthulu
An Epic Action Adventure RPG Legend
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards