The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Wii U will be my last console.

#1Enigma149Posted 8/7/2012 1:17:45 PM
I'm tired of everything modern console gaming has: day one DLC (oh, and I mean Disk-Locked Content that's required to beat the story mode), excessive bugs, an overall decrease in quality (outside of graphics, but even the best graphics are going to look like s*** in 10 years, anyway), rising prices, online passes for used games (or no used games), and in-game advertising.

Oh, and this includes PC gaming as well, though at least that gets by thanks to its better, free online and cheaper prices.

I'll get the Wii U to play Pikmin 3 (the Pikmin series being, in my opinion, the best new series of the millennium), Zelda, and maybe Mario. But other than those, it's retrogaming, and its cheap prices for better games (plus its online community that doesn't b**** and moan about everything).
---
''Kill cams is also Call of Duty, a game that isn't violent at all.'' - DesperateMonkey
PSN:CrimsonEnigma (though you won't find me online); 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#2kinglink13Posted 8/7/2012 1:20:08 PM
What if the Wii U successor is amazing though?.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#3BeastLeeAdamsPosted 8/7/2012 1:20:59 PM
You do realise that it is just this gen. Once people stop buying on disc DLC, the companies are going to stop putting on there.
#4SentinoxPosted 8/7/2012 1:21:34 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
You do realise that it is just this gen. Once people stop buying on disc DLC, the companies are going to stop putting on there.

Then they'll just put that content online.
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards
#5Enigma149(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 1:21:54 PM
kinglink13 posted...

If it has 25% or fewer of what I listed above, I'll consider getting it.

Really, though, games need innovation, both in what they are and how they are played. Unless VR catches on (which it might, with Doom 4, but I have my doubts), the only "innovation" we'll see is motion control, which has been commercially available for a decade and a half, and touchscreen control, which is little more than a glorified VMU.
---
''Kill cams is also Call of Duty, a game that isn't violent at all.'' - DesperateMonkey
PSN:CrimsonEnigma (though you won't find me online); 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#6FoppePosted 8/7/2012 1:22:29 PM
I remember when we happily bought whole games based on ads for some company.
Mc Kids, Cool Spot, Chester Cheetah, Avoid the Noid, McDonald's Treasure Land Adventure, etc.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#7ElectricMolePosted 8/7/2012 1:22:40 PM
nintendo first party games are going to have alot of DLC.

Wii U smash bros alone is going to generate alot of money from dlc characters.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#8tizzywilkillyouPosted 8/7/2012 1:22:46 PM
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Once people stop buying on disc DLC,

Don't hold your breath. Maybe we "smart" people won't. But enough others will. Look how many people pay for xbox live.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#9NCPwnPosted 8/7/2012 1:23:31 PM
Don't support the developers that push those kind of tactics. The last 10 or so games I've bought had no DLC required, and have given me an immense amount of fun.

Asweomnauts Just released FREE DLC. New classes and planning on more new maps and classes.
Valkyria Chornicles DLC for additional missions, no need to buy it.
NIER DLC un-related to story, no need to buy it.
Uncharted 3 Fun game, no need to get any DLC, not sure if there is any
MAG DLC was terribad and no one plays it, never had to buy it.
tons of games have DLC, but not required. Games like Dead Space 2? Well just don't play the game or support those companies.
---
Top 10 Favorite games of all time (in order):
NIER, Zelda WW, Secret of Mana, Zelda OoT, Valkyria Chronicles, Planetside, DAOC, MAG, Tachyon, Myst
#10kinglink13Posted 8/7/2012 1:23:36 PM
Enigma149 posted...
kinglink13 posted...

If it has 25% or fewer of what I listed above, I'll consider getting it.

Really, though, games need innovation, both in what they are and how they are played. Unless VR catches on (which it might, with Doom 4, but I have my doubts), the only "innovation" we'll see is motion control, which has been commercially available for a decade and a half, and touchscreen control, which is little more than a glorified VMU.

Lots of developers are now getting creative, the only developers that will stick to what they always do is EA and Activision and maybe a few others.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic