Miiverse Moderation code words

#1SentinoxPosted 8/7/2012 1:57:40 PM
Do you think there will be people using code words for banned words in the miiverse?
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards
#2KirbyIsAwesomePosted 8/7/2012 1:58:02 PM
idk
---
PSN: KirbyIsAwesome. Now I'm a Nintentroll and a Vitatroll! Yippee!!!
The Official (self-elected) GameFAQs Wii U Hardware Board President
#3NyyarkPosted 8/7/2012 1:58:59 PM
I think there will be a censor approved Wii U specific lexicon of vulgarities and oaths that develop if that is what you mean.

Also lots of drawing of mushrooms.
#4Sentinox(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 2:00:40 PM
Nyyark posted...
I think there will be a censor approved Wii U specific lexicon of vulgarities and oaths that develop if that is what you mean.

Also lots of drawing of mushrooms.

Yes this is what I mean.
---
My defense against the evils of the internet. Flame shield, Bridge, Flame throwers(for trolls). and with these i am safe on the message boards
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/7/2012 2:01:04 PM
On the 3DS it blocks normally vulgar words and a few unexpected ones like "Melon" and "Violin".
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#6Sentinox(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 2:03:44 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
On the 3DS it blocks normally vulgar words and a few unexpected ones like "Melon" and "Violin".

But what if they make up words like wakataka to replace a banned word
---
#7BSerenityPosted 8/7/2012 2:04:37 PM
People will always find ways to circumvent the moderation systems in place.
---
La morte e alle mie punte delle dita
Non ne temero c'e ne che la desiderino su me!
#8P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/7/2012 2:05:47 PM
Sentinox posted...

That's like asking if they'll ban the word "ding-a-ling", haha.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#9Soanevalcke6Posted 8/7/2012 7:01:23 PM
Sentinox posted...

Thats just Stupid, why not just censor it, Like for Ass, why Say waniwani, when you can just say ***
---
Qualities I look for in Games: Good Story, Atmosphere, Music, and Exploration
I'm A Genre Pro. Proud Member of the Metroid fanbase.
#10Sentinox(Topic Creator)Posted 8/7/2012 7:03:13 PM
Soanevalcke6 posted...
Sentinox posted...

Thats just Stupid, why not just censor it, Like for Ass, why Say waniwani, when you can just say ***

Could be confusing to figure out what word someone is using and plus a code word would be more fun
---