Will the Wii U support ethernet cables?

#1Second_ChancesPosted 8/8/2012 9:58:51 AM
Long story short, I've had really bad luck with Wi-Fi connections of late, and I'd like to be able to just wire a hypothetical Wii U into my modem instead of having to deal with my outrageous wireless internet situation.

So, does the Wii U have any ethernet ports like the PS3 and 360 do, and unlike the normal Wii?
#2DeathSoul2000Posted 8/8/2012 10:03:03 AM(edited)
lolno. they want you to buy an adapter to use cables. they've done this for both gamecube and wii, and they're doing it again.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#3P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/8/2012 10:03:33 AM
You can by a USB 2.0 LAN adapter for $12 online, but it doesn't come with one. it has built in WiFi
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 8/8/2012 10:06:54 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
You can by a USB 2.0 LAN adapter for $12 online, but it doesn't come with one. it has built in WiFi

we already know it has built in wifi.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#5knightimexPosted 8/8/2012 10:57:00 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
lolno. they want you to buy an adapter to use cables. they've done this for both gamecube and wii, and they're doing it again.

and your point?

Xbox 360 expects you to buy an adapter if you want wifi.
---
"No quotes for now"
#6The_BonesPosted 8/8/2012 11:03:37 AM
knightimex posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

and your point?

Don't the newer models have built in wi-fi though?
#7knightimexPosted 8/8/2012 11:06:04 AM
The_Bones posted...
knightimex posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

and your point?

And how many years did it take for THAT to happen?
---
"No quotes for now"
#8BeastLeeAdamsPosted 8/8/2012 11:08:00 AM
The_Bones posted...
knightimex posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

and your point?

Yes, but you can still use ethernet cables.
#9The_BonesPosted 8/8/2012 11:09:41 AM
knightimex posted...
The_Bones posted...
knightimex posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...

and your point?

And how many years did it take for THAT to happen?

Just saying. It'd be nice if Nintendo eventually released a model with a built in ethernet port but they don't really like to revise their consoles so I'm not expecting it to happen.
#10link5003Posted 8/8/2012 11:21:43 AM
As far as I'm concerned, almost all consoles have been guilty of some form of proprietary cable, or in this case adapters, it took them forever to get to use HDMI without getting proprietary video cables, be thankful for this alone. Yes I'm sure they could have but in a dirt cheap ethernet port in the back, but whatever reason they decided against it. Purchasing a $10-15 adapter, that's widely available by the way, to work with your ethernet cable isn't going to kill you.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.