To those getting Assassin's Creed 3 on Wii U, have you played the others?

#51PerascaminPosted 8/11/2012 12:26:29 PM
Beam_Claws posted...
I want to get it eventually, I've always wanted to play an AC game (I mean, they don't look intertwined story wise, so I won't be missing anything, right?).

Well, you have on of two options.

You can ignore the story, and just not mind it...for whatever reason you may want to

or...

You can play through a very plot based game, wondering to yourself how anything has come to pass in it.
---
"Lazy hands make a man poor, but diligent hands bring a man wealth." - Proverbs 10:4. Poverty itself isn't evil, unless it's the product of laziness.
#52VRX3000Posted 8/11/2012 12:35:33 PM
No. I never played the others. The others were all cities from what I saw. Just tons of buildings that it takes forever to climb and tons of NPCs blocking blocking the way. This one looks different. This one looks like it is predominantly wilderness. No enemies, just you and atmosphere and acrobatics.

Basically, this one looks like Metroid: Snow edition. And that makes me interested.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#53IcecreamdunwichPosted 8/11/2012 12:36:28 PM
Wait, did Pika (Beam Claws is his alt) actually say that they weren't intertwined? Lol.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#54ElectricMolePosted 8/11/2012 12:44:21 PM
Heartless18 posted...
I refuse to support ANYTHING Sony or Microsoft related, so this will be my first AC game. Looking forward to this and finally getting to try Call of Duty and Mass Effect.

You're absolutely fabulous
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#55Leo_BlakenPosted 8/11/2012 1:01:22 PM
All of them

So I will be playing this one in Wii U

The ability to see the map all times on the controller is fantastic for me
---
LOL at things in life
Hitbox!
#56Someguy_13Posted 8/11/2012 1:05:42 PM
Haven't beat the first one because it sucks.

Beat 2 and Brotherhood. Started Revelations, but realized soon after that part of the reason I'm looking forward to Assassins Creed 3 is because I'm excited for the wilderness parts of it. So I haven't beat that yet.
---
Survivor of the Yahoo Bunker War of 2010
#57IcecreamdunwichPosted 8/11/2012 1:15:12 PM
Still don't understand how having a map in your palm is better than having the map on the HUD...
---
#58MotiJrPosted 8/11/2012 1:16:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#59jmichaelbpPosted 8/11/2012 1:17:13 PM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Wait, did Pika (Beam Claws is his alt) actually say that they weren't intertwined? Lol.

He didn't know :P. I don't think he ever played any of them. To be honest unless AC3 had a recap I would be pretty lost :P.

I'd be like "Who the buck is Desmond! Why am I in the present and not in (insert century here) What the buck are the pieces of Eden! Etc.".

At least it's not as bad as Kingdom Hearts :P.

That series has the most conveleuted story of all time (imo).

They are great games, execellent even (imo), they have great graphics (for the platforms they are on), awesome and fluent gameplay, great music and loveable characters. But the story will destroy the mind of any newcomer.
#60IcecreamdunwichPosted 8/11/2012 1:18:15 PM
Ah, yeah these are great games do not skip them.
---