lolz Pachter says Nintendo fans will buy a cardboard Box that Says Nintendo

#31chaos_controlrPosted 8/13/2012 12:47:50 AM
I bought lots of boxes that said nintendo on them. They contained many great super nintendo and 64 games.
---
Pokemon HeartGold FC: 1464 2091 3840
Pokemon Black FC: 1291 8331 1956
#32Tzuba12Posted 8/13/2012 1:20:40 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Can you blame him? During this cycle they bought a gamecube with a motion controller on it and this Nintendo cycle they are jazzed over a 360 with a DS touch screen in its controller. His point is that the brand name instantly seems to make it so Nintendo can do no wrong from its fanatical fanbase. They don't care how weak the hardware is as long as they play their 1st party games and the other competition doesn't sell as much as thier lord and savior Nintendo.

Then that should apply to just about every video game fanbase. Except for pc gamers.

At least Nintendo tries to do something different, sure they were behind in specs for ONE gen but in that gen they completely changed gaming as we know it. (whether that was a good thing is up for debate, but not here.)

So people who want to try NEW things are automatically considered fanboys who will buy anything Nintendo throws out? That isn't logical and it isn't true.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#33Red_hot_smasherPosted 8/13/2012 2:02:49 AM
DarkSymbiote posted...
A person actually bought an empty Xbox 360 box for about $800 on ebay, so it is possible.

Doesn't that happen for pretty much every console? Someone managing to sell an empty box a console came in by listing it as "(console name etc goes here) BOX" and mentioning somewhere in the listing that "you're bidding on a box only, this does not contain a console", I mean?
---
http://www.avaaz.org/en/stop_cispa_corporate_global/?vc
SAVE THE FREE INTERNET! YET AGAIN! Follow the link and spread the word!
#34ArabrockermanXPosted 8/13/2012 2:10:55 AM
ShadowSkill11 posted...
Can you blame him? During this cycle they bought a gamecube with a motion controller on it and this Nintendo cycle they are jazzed over a 360 with a DS touch screen in its controller. His point is that the brand name instantly seems to make it so Nintendo can do no wrong from its fanatical fanbase. They don't care how weak the hardware is as long as they play their 1st party games and the other competition doesn't sell as much as thier lord and savior Nintendo.

So why did that fanbase skip the N64 and Gamecube?

The Nintendo "fanatical fanbase" is a myth.
#35SolisPosted 8/13/2012 2:37:06 AM
Red_hot_smasher posted...
DarkSymbiote posted...
A person actually bought an empty Xbox 360 box for about $800 on ebay, so it is possible.

Doesn't that happen for pretty much every console? Someone managing to sell an empty box a console came in by listing it as "(console name etc goes here) BOX" and mentioning somewhere in the listing that "you're bidding on a box only, this does not contain a console", I mean?

Well, here's one listing alone that accounts for 10 sales so far:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NINTENDO-WII-SYSTEM-BLACK-EMPTY-BOX-ONLY-STORE-DISPLAY-/130563751158
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#36SnackasaurusPosted 8/13/2012 2:37:26 AM
It truly is a crime to buy games from one of. if not the best, developers/publishers in the world.

I mean what the hell really?
#37Riyo_chanPosted 8/13/2012 2:58:20 AM
Pachter is a moron frankly....it constantly suprises and dismays me how he finds continued employment ^_
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board
#38DEKMStephensPosted 8/13/2012 3:19:12 AM
What's a Micheal Patcher, and what authority does he have to criticize Nintendo? ._.
---
The official Armored Lightning and Cinque of any FF board
Return Moe! D:<
#39MegaWinFTWPosted 8/13/2012 3:23:42 AM(edited)
He does have a point. It doesn't only apply to Nintendo fanboys but it seems more prevalent. Honestly the amount of absolutely blind fanboyism on this board genuinely scares me sometimes.

The levels of personal insults getting thrown around just shows that he touched a nerve and if you aren't a fanboy you shouldn't get so worked up over it. Also he's perfectly credible when he's criticising another company or system, he's only this evil person whenever it's Nintendo's turn.
#40Riyo_chanPosted 8/13/2012 3:28:59 AM
Actually I'm not a fanboy of anything....I've seen a lot of his opinions in the newsfeed on Gamefaqs main page....it's all nonsense and he's pretty much ALWAYS wrong ^_^
---
The life of a samurai is like the cherry blossom, beautiful but brief
Official Brakidios of MH3G Board