lolz Pachter says Nintendo fans will buy a cardboard Box that Says Nintendo

#518BombermanPosted 8/13/2012 5:49:16 AM
Are you saying you wouldn't buy said box?
#52Rasputin77Posted 8/13/2012 5:53:11 AM
"Remember when you were a kid and you get gifts, and when you’re really little you like the box better than the gift?"

Yes, Patcher, because the gift-giving process ends immediately after reaching adulthood. (?) What a jackpipe.
---
GameFAQs - where 1/3 of you can't drink, 1/5 of you "don't read books", and the word 'troll' only has 247 definitions.
#53MegaWinFTWPosted 8/13/2012 5:55:55 AM
Tzuba12 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
He does have a point. It doesn't only apply to Nintendo fanboys but it seems more prevalent. Honestly the amount of absolutely blind fanboyism on this board genuinely scares me sometimes.

The levels of personal insults getting thrown around just shows that he touched a nerve and if you aren't a fanboy you shouldn't get so worked up over it. Also he's perfectly credible when he's criticising another company or system, he's only this evil person whenever it's Nintendo's turn.

Nobody ever takes Paster seriously no matter what he says about another company. He's just not a good analyst at all. And you wanna see fanboyism? Go to the Vita board and watch the fanboys try to spin the extremely low sales of the Vita into a GOOD thing.

Seriously, a fanboy is a fanboy.

Except I've actually seen people go from posting his comments as if they were fact when it pleases them to calling him every name under the sun when he says something that doesn't. Don't deny it happens because it does.

The Vita board has nothing on this one, sorry. This is the highest concentration of fanboys I've seen on this site. I'm not saying Nintendo fanboys are worse or anything, there's just more of them, on GameFAQ's that is, each site is different.
#54Ice WeaselPosted 8/13/2012 6:11:55 AM
lunchEATSyou posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
kinglink13 posted...
Wouldn't that also be the case for Sony and Microsoft fans?.

I honestly doubt it. Nintendo fans seem to be a far more fervent bunch. The blind loyalty people have to that brand is actually a little bit disturbing. I put more hours into the NES, SNES, and N64 than I care to admit, but they lost me with the GC and I haven't looked back.

Read this, if you are curious.

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

Interesting, thanks. What that article makes a good case I simply can't see one single platform's fans being the worst. I think all fanboys are equally deluded and small-minded. I feel the same about any sort of brand loyalty to be honest.
#55DangermanRogersPosted 8/13/2012 6:22:49 AM
kinglink13 posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
kinglink13 posted...

you would assume so but it is Pachter we are dealing with

I feel like Nintendo did something to Pachter a long time ago because he acts like Nintendo did something horrible lol.

When Nintendo first made the NES they took a warning off the box because they never thought anyone would make the mistake. "Wiener Pinch-point" was supposed to denote the self closing nature of the cartridge slot lid.

Patcher still blames Nintendo for not warning him properly.
#56AnclationPosted 8/13/2012 6:23:03 AM
This idiot (Pachter) seems like a real attention whore, in addition to being an awful analyst. I generally ignore him and his dumb opinions, though sometimes people do need to be reminded that Pachter is indeed an idiot.
#57Tzuba12Posted 8/13/2012 6:29:21 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
Tzuba12 posted...
MegaWinFTW posted...
He does have a point. It doesn't only apply to Nintendo fanboys but it seems more prevalent. Honestly the amount of absolutely blind fanboyism on this board genuinely scares me sometimes.

The levels of personal insults getting thrown around just shows that he touched a nerve and if you aren't a fanboy you shouldn't get so worked up over it. Also he's perfectly credible when he's criticising another company or system, he's only this evil person whenever it's Nintendo's turn.

Nobody ever takes Paster seriously no matter what he says about another company. He's just not a good analyst at all. And you wanna see fanboyism? Go to the Vita board and watch the fanboys try to spin the extremely low sales of the Vita into a GOOD thing.

Seriously, a fanboy is a fanboy.

Except I've actually seen people go from posting his comments as if they were fact when it pleases them to calling him every name under the sun when he says something that doesn't. Don't deny it happens because it does.

The Vita board has nothing on this one, sorry. This is the highest concentration of fanboys I've seen on this site. I'm not saying Nintendo fanboys are worse or anything, there's just more of them, on GameFAQ's that is, each site is different.

If you could find those topics then I would gladly eat my words because I've never seen that. And if it DOES happen, then its the minority, not the majority.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#58MegagunstarmanPosted 8/13/2012 6:36:37 AM
You guys would be better off if you just ignored Pachter. He makes outrageous statements just to get his name out there.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#59MegaWinFTWPosted 8/13/2012 6:38:22 AM
Well it's kinda hard to track such things down, I have seen it though and clearly there are people who do take him seriously some of the time or else he wouldn't get so much attention and have his own show on Gametrailers. I did try and find one example where someone posted a topic on the Vita board where he'd said the Gaikai acquisition would only be used on their TV's and will have no impact on their consoles and treated this is fact, and then someone linked to a topic on this board where he'd been saying Pachter was never reliable. I tried to find it, but it appears to have been deleted.
#60JackalPosted 8/13/2012 6:42:58 AM
ElectricMole posted...
kinglink13 posted...

thats the case for any brand-loyal fanatic. applies to cars, handbags, shoes, clothes. there are people dumb enough to pay $60 for a plain tshirt with the versace logo on it.

This.

I've actually said that about Nintendo fans myself but it applies to brand loyalty that goes far and beyond the norm. Apple fans definitely fall into this category.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak