lolz Pachter says Nintendo fans will buy a cardboard Box that Says Nintendo

#61Tzuba12Posted 8/13/2012 5:43:38 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
Well it's kinda hard to track such things down, I have seen it though and clearly there are people who do take him seriously some of the time or else he wouldn't get so much attention and have his own show on Gametrailers. I did try and find one example where someone posted a topic on the Vita board where he'd said the Gaikai acquisition would only be used on their TV's and will have no impact on their consoles and treated this is fact, and then someone linked to a topic on this board where he'd been saying Pachter was never reliable. I tried to find it, but it appears to have been deleted.

Yes, thats why I said the minority. Most people on this board take everything Pachter says with a grain of salt because he's been wrong SO many times. Of course there will be a few people who take him seriously or a few people who flip flop their opinions in their favor, but thats the minority. There are a few fanboys here, yes. But is it so hard to believe that some people just enjoy Nintendo games for what they are? Every time a troll posts something negative about the WiiU and someone disagrees, they're immediately labeled as a blind fanboy.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#62pikachupwnagePosted 8/13/2012 5:52:26 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Some fanboys are like this, we call them Nintendrones.

The thing is he isn't talking rabid fanboys he is generalizing ALL Nintendo fans like this.

Which makes him a ignorant dick.

Why is this guy even paid?
---
Ching Ching! Gold flower yay! Coin coin coin coin coin-The NSMB2 effect.
Official Special ops beserker general/Virtual patrolman of the NDF
#63MegaWinFTWPosted 8/13/2012 5:54:16 AM
I'm not saying everybody who likes Nintendo games is a fanboy, I mean I like Nintendo games myself, just not to the exclusion of any others.

Also my comments are only directed at the fanboys, the vast majority of the userbase on this site is perfectly reasonable, it's just the Nintendo faboys are a bit overrepresented on this board in particular. It works both ways too, anyone who says anything even vaguely critical of Nintendo is immediately labelled a troll and a good chunk of the users here get seriously defensive. I got some rather ridiculous responses just for saying that analogue sticks would be better than slide pads, until of course Nintendo decided to go with them then suddenly it was the best decision.
#64jmichaelbpPosted 8/13/2012 5:54:41 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Some fanboys are like this, we call them Nintendrones.

The thing is he isn't talking rabid fanboys he is generalizing ALL Nintendo fans like this.

Which makes him a ignorant dick.

Why is this guy even paid?

Because his $##### prediction make him popular?
#65Tzuba12Posted 8/13/2012 6:07:43 AM
MegaWinFTW posted...
I'm not saying everybody who likes Nintendo games is a fanboy, I mean I like Nintendo games myself, just not to the exclusion of any others.

Also my comments are only directed at the fanboys, the vast majority of the userbase on this site is perfectly reasonable, it's just the Nintendo faboys are a bit overrepresented on this board in particular. It works both ways too, anyone who says anything even vaguely critical of Nintendo is immediately labelled a troll and a good chunk of the users here get seriously defensive. I got some rather ridiculous responses just for saying that analogue sticks would be better than slide pads, until of course Nintendo decided to go with them then suddenly it was the best decision.

Yeah except the people who argued against you probably arena not the same people who are saying analog sticks are the best decision now. In fact, most of the real fanboys might be the same people, who are just more vocal than others.

Do you get what I'm saying? Cause I'm running on literally 0 hours of sleep here and I'm having a hard time trying to put what I'm thinking into words right now, lol.

But another example, take me, I take games and hardware for what they are. The 3DS doesn't have a second analog stick? Okay,that's fine, as long as devs don't make games that require a second one then theres nothing to get upset over. If it had one, that would be fine too. People mistake this as blind fanboyism, when it isn't. Then again, I'm more of a laid back person and can usually enjoy almost any game when other people take small flaws and blow them completely out of proportion.
---
Go here and pay me for stuff! http://fiverr.com/tzuba
an atheist scowling at a cheat code. he growls. "....GOD MODE?!"
#66wgz4lifePosted 8/13/2012 6:40:44 AM
While i do agree Pachter is dumb most of the time, I have to agree I would buy a cardboard box that says Nintendo as I know I will get Nintendo Content on it.

Imagine The Legend of Zelda:Cardboard Sword or New Super Mario Bros Cardboard

Yup. Im happy with Nintendo Games. So as long as they make new system's they have my money
#67BellerophonZPosted 8/13/2012 7:01:18 AM
Rasputin77 posted...
"Remember when you were a kid and you get gifts, and when you’re really little you like the box better than the gift?"

Yes, Patcher, because the gift-giving process ends immediately after reaching adulthood. (?) What a jackpipe.

Guess he only refers to that because it applies to him
---
Master Bumper
#68InafkingPosted 8/13/2012 7:07:06 AM
Who is this guy and why should anyone care about anything he has to say period?
---
their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout Save us! and I'll whisper No.
#69meiyukiPosted 8/13/2012 7:09:16 AM
Inafking posted...
Who is this guy and why should anyone care about anything he has to say period?

Many people have asked this question, and yet he gets paid to say this stuff, the world is truly a cruel and unjust place.
#70Non_AdoPosted 8/13/2012 7:11:40 AM
Like a child throwing a tantrum over being wrong. It is only made that much more sad that this tantrum has been going on since the launch of the Wii.