lolz Pachter says Nintendo fans will buy a cardboard Box that Says Nintendo

#71LinkSamus3Posted 8/13/2012 8:43:07 AM
Not true. I've been a Nintendo fanboy all my life, yet so far I refuse to buy a Wii U or 3DS because of the way they're made, despite a couple of announced games for each system. The Wii U system is not designed for the way I like to play games, and as far as 3D is concerned, I tried that the first time in the 80's and 90's. I remember how quickly the fad passed when it got boring. I have become an old codger like Cranky Kong, longing for the old days when games were nothing more than just that. Those were the days when I fell in love with games, and it was because they were the way they were. Now that everyone, Nintendo included, is taking games in a whole different direction, it wouldn't matter whose name was on it, I wouldn't buy it. I hate to say this. because I hate how smartphone gaming is killing the console business since I've been a console gamer from the beginning, but if I had a smartphone, I would probably be a smartphone gamer too. Because the people who make smartphone games are making games the way they were made 20-25 years ago, just how I like them.

Sorry that was kind of a rant, but I've been holding that in for quite a while now. :)
---
"Don't just beat it, conquer it!" - dungeonconquerorB
#72MegagunstarmanPosted 8/13/2012 8:44:29 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Some fanboys are like this, we call them Nintendrones.

The thing is he isn't talking rabid fanboys he is generalizing ALL Nintendo fans like this.

Which makes him a ignorant dick.

Why is this guy even paid?

He's an analyst and an investment firm. He only handles a few companies' stocks and Nintendo isn't one of them. He also wants to be quoted so he can get his name recognized by investors. Because of this, he makes outrageous statements about Nintendo to stir up controversy for the sake of recognition. He doesn't try to be right when he talks about Nintendo; he only tries to be bold.

Threads like this one are why he says this stuff.
---
I'm not changing this until a new Jet Set Radio is announced. Started 10/13/11
#73VanderZooPosted 8/13/2012 9:11:37 AM
I think he has a point.
#74batman3k5Posted 8/13/2012 9:15:47 AM
Its funny but it's true.
---
Average GameFAQs user: OMG that guy stated his opinion obvious troll
Average GameFAQs user: Also known as average idiot
#75WaruigiPosted 8/13/2012 9:19:05 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5kPUFxXYLs
---
"I'm no longer surprised by how long and how earnestly people can talk about absolute rubbish." -shockwavepulsarjim
#76ElectricMolePosted 8/13/2012 9:20:22 AM
VanderZoo posted...
I think he has a point.

If nintendo land didnt have any nintendo characters or themes, but still had the same gameplay intact and was a 3rd party game called Mr Browns Uber Carnival, I am sure it would not have the same interest because of the lack of the N-word. The people who are planning to buy the game now wouldnt even give it a glance otherwise and would truly see the game for its true worth.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#77darkqueenhelbaPosted 8/13/2012 9:22:19 AM
I think he meant "fanboys". And it's true of any fanboy. Nintendo or otherwise.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#78batman3k5Posted 8/13/2012 9:31:45 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...

I really don't agree Nintendo fan's seem to be the most ignorant just look at this forum someone post one thing bad about the wii u "what a troll, obvious troll topic ect Nintendo fans need to realize not ever one agrees with them
---
Average GameFAQs user: OMG that guy stated his opinion obvious troll
Average GameFAQs user: Also known as average idiot
#79VanderZooPosted 8/13/2012 9:34:50 AM
darkqueenhelba posted...

I think it's more true of Nintendo fanboys, and I don't believe all fanboys are created equal. Nintendo fans seem to have more blind loyalty. That's why when the sixaxis controller didn't have rumble, PS3 fans complained. But when Nintendo doesn't include rumble, Nintendo fans will say how they never wanted it in the first place.

That's just one example. I bet if the Wii U came with no online, you'd get Nintendo fanboys defending Nintendo over that decision as well.
#80darkqueenhelbaPosted 8/13/2012 9:38:08 AM
Those are what you call radicals...extremists. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nintendo. I've been a big fan of theirs for many years. They're the company that really got me into video games. But I can still see their shortcomings. Everyone has them. They're no more exempt than any other company. It's better to be a realist, than some half-crazed fanatic.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793