lolz Pachter says Nintendo fans will buy a cardboard Box that Says Nintendo

#81meiyukiPosted 8/13/2012 9:43:25 AM
VanderZoo posted...
darkqueenhelba posted...
I think he meant "fanboys". And it's true of any fanboy. Nintendo or otherwise.

I think it's more true of Nintendo fanboys, and I don't believe all fanboys are created equal. Nintendo fans seem to have more blind loyalty. That's why when the sixaxis controller didn't have rumble, PS3 fans complained. But when Nintendo doesn't include rumble, Nintendo fans will say how they never wanted it in the first place.

That's just one example. I bet if the Wii U came with no online, you'd get Nintendo fanboys defending Nintendo over that decision as well.

It couldn't be possible that people really don't care about rumble? Not to mention I'm not sure I've seen anyone say I never wanted it in the first place when something is changed, and more like I don't care.

The premise is wrong, every one of these topics always assumes nintendo is just wrong in everything they do and thus anyone who supports them in a fanboy. It's always assumed that there is just one single solitary "right" way to run a game company and therefore no one could possibly like nintendo cause they're not doing it the "right" way.
#82The J0kerPosted 8/13/2012 10:06:07 AM(edited)
Believing that any particular group of fanboys is worse than others is a telltale sign of your own fanboyism.

DonnyKD posted...
Pachter's just pissed that every single prediction he made about Nintendo's products are wrong.

Says DS will fail, it becomes the second best selling video game system ever.

Says Wii will fail, it becomes the best selling console this generation.

Says the 3DS will skyrocket at launch and the launch price is too low, it does less than what Nintendo expected and it gets a $80 price drop.

People ask what Pachter has against Nintendo, here's why.

I think this is exactly right. Pachter is completely clueless about how Nintendo's business model works, what makes them succeed or fail and this frustrates him to the point of resentment.
#83mini_blightPosted 8/13/2012 10:11:06 AM
StickMen1090 posted...
ďI donít think Nintendo fans are so stupid they would buy a piece of cardboard. A box on the other hand, that says Nintendo on it, they probably would. Remember when you were a kid and you get gifts, and when youíre really little you like the box better than the gift? Thatís how I think of Nintendo fanboys.Ē

http://mynintendonews.com/2012/08/13/pachter-nintendo-fans-would-buy-any-box-that-says-nintendo-on-it/

Yes i dont care for what he has to say and this is why :P

He's just jealous because no one would buy a cardboard box with his name on it.
#84cavebear56Posted 8/13/2012 10:15:51 AM
VanderZoo posted...
I think it's more true of Nintendo fanboys, and I don't believe all fanboys are created equal. Nintendo fans seem to have more blind loyalty. That's why when the sixaxis controller didn't have rumble, PS3 fans complained. But when Nintendo doesn't include rumble, Nintendo fans will say how they never wanted it in the first place.

That's just one example. I bet if the Wii U came with no online, you'd get Nintendo fanboys defending Nintendo over that decision as well.

You thought wrong.

I spend enough time on the PS3 and PC boards.

Fanboys are all blind. You just have a selective group approach due to some history with said fans or other personal bias. (not an attack towards you just a statement).
---
If history is to change, let it change. If the world is to be destroyed, so be it. If my fate is to die, I must simply laugh.
#85helldewPosted 8/13/2012 10:32:12 AM
I like Pachter it gives us someone to laugh at >.< im sorry but the game says some of the dumbest things ive read online which is pretty sad. i always get a good laugh at his statements.
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#86lunchEATSyouPosted 8/13/2012 11:01:02 AM
Ice Weasel posted...
lunchEATSyou posted...
Ice Weasel posted...
kinglink13 posted...
Wouldn't that also be the case for Sony and Microsoft fans?.

I honestly doubt it. Nintendo fans seem to be a far more fervent bunch. The blind loyalty people have to that brand is actually a little bit disturbing. I put more hours into the NES, SNES, and N64 than I care to admit, but they lost me with the GC and I haven't looked back.

Read this, if you are curious.

http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml

Interesting, thanks. What that article makes a good case I simply can't see one single platform's fans being the worst. I think all fanboys are equally deluded and small-minded. I feel the same about any sort of brand loyalty to be honest.

I agree Fanboyism is the worst. Plus, I really got a laugh over the picture he used for the article.
---
"I come to GameFAQs to be an a-hole and create strife /hate on forum message boards." - GeassMaster
#87VampiricDragon_Posted 8/13/2012 4:06:59 PM
I dislike pachter for 3 reasons

1) Hes never right when it comes to nintendo, so I can understand the constant attack mode some people take

2) He says hes never right when it comes to nintendo, so it makes it seem like he says the things he says to troll

3) He doesnt know who yoshi is.

YOSHI, the amazing green dino, egg hurler, he is so cool, the fact pachter has no idea who that is makes me question is cool factor
#88EndgamePosted 8/13/2012 4:20:45 PM
I don't see how his statement is in any way inaccurate

It truly is a crime to buy games from one of. if not the best, developers/publishers in the world.

after they've turned into one of the very worst? like for example..... what Nintendo has done over the past 6-7 years?

why yes, yes it is
---
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I will fight to the death for my right to fight you to the death. -Stephen Colbert
#89OdiousThirteenPosted 8/13/2012 5:21:41 PM(edited)
Wait, didn't he say Nintendo shouldn't sell their games at $50 because people would see them as inferior?

Now he's saying Nintendo fans would be a box that has a Nintendo label regardless?

Get your story straight, Pachter.
#90CactrotPosted 8/13/2012 6:11:42 PM
VampiricDragon_ posted...
I dislike pachter for 3 reasons

1) Hes never right when it comes to nintendo, so I can understand the constant attack mode some people take

2) He says hes never right when it comes to nintendo, so it makes it seem like he says the things he says to troll

3) He doesnt know who yoshi is.

YOSHI, the amazing green dino, egg hurler, he is so cool, the fact pachter has no idea who that is makes me question is cool factor

Stealth's identity confirmed.
---
drexl235: wow....... not even achievements. whats the point