AC3 Creative Director says Japanese games are "gibberish" but get a free pass

#14121_21Posted 8/21/2012 8:51:05 AM
1shadetail1 posted...

You should do as jillwarren and I have. Put him on your ignore list. He's not worth anybody's time.

Yup. Did that just now.
---
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F
#142DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/21/2012 9:09:31 AM
Lol 21_21 has been on my ignore list for a long time. He is the one actually stalking me and spammed my topic for attention, begging other posters to back up his points.

Jillwarren and 1shade simply couldn't hold an argument. They made generic comments, I called them out on it and they crumbled. The fact that they've ignored me yet constantly talk about me just shows how butthurt they are when never even address them.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#14321_21Posted 8/21/2012 9:11:23 AM
Begging other posters to back up my points? Lol I don't remember doing that.

OH WAIT you mean my supposed alt DTY3. Nevermind....
---
Currently playing:
Kingdom Hearts 3D and Tales of Graces F
#144Red_hot_smasherPosted 8/21/2012 10:49:04 AM
sentoworf posted...
Maybe if he learned Japanese the stories wouldn't be gibberish

Touché.
---
www.avaaz.org, www.allout.org, www.amnesty.org
All these organisations for human rights, and yet noone cares about the victims of copyright law. :,(
#145XImperialDragonPosted 8/21/2012 4:35:57 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
@Ximperial

Omg another Xenosaga fan! I've made topics before regarding why the hell I even played through Xenosaga. I thought it was terrible. I guess I was lured in because of my love of Xenoblade. That is the exact kind of game that I think is riding on low standards of story telling. Everyones emotions have to be clearly recapped or explicitly stated all the time. The game was like a really bad soap opera. All cutscenes (from what I remember) and some of the most repetitive gameplay in the industry (although I think they gave the short version animations by the third game). It sucks how regular attacks like the spirit bomb use to take ages to perform when you use it all the time.

The story was the worst. I don't even remember what the general story arc was about. I just remember the dialogue every step of the way was cringe worthy. Each individual performance was like the poster child of overacting... The characters did not feel authentic and felt like bad anime cliches done poorly.

Perhaps I don't have the fondest memories but I did play all the way up until the third one which was at least a huge gameplay improvement upon the series. I could not finish it though, it was too much by then.

Hey maybe I just wasn't in to the game but from what I remember, I have an extremely hard time understanding why so many people think that game had good quality story telling.

Are you speaking of the third one, or mostly of the first? The first had a ton of issues, the second was among the worst RPGs I've ever played, but I don't have similar sentiment about the third at all. Even from the beginning, 3 hooked me and kept me playing. I also don't recall too much overreacting, least of all from characters like Ziggaraut or chaos. Lol
---
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo DS. In this game, you set your DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.
#146thepenguin55Posted 8/21/2012 5:10:42 PM
Why do Nintendo get it right? It releases a new edition of the same franchise every year and no one bats an eyelid. Why?

You want my real answer? I think there's a subtle racism in the business, especially on the journalists' side, where Japanese developers are forgiven for doing what they do. I think it's condescending to do this.

Seriously?

Yeah. Just think about how many Japanese games are released where their stories are literally gibberish. Literally gibberish. There's no way you could write it with a straight face, and the journalists say 'oh it is brilliant'.

Then Gears of War comes out and apparently it's the worst written narrative in a game ever. I'll take Gears of War over Bayonetta any time.

It's patronising to say, "oh those Japanese stories, they don't really mean what they're doing".

Here's the thing. No one will argue that Bayonetta's story is gibberish, but at least it's entertaining gibberish. Gears can't make that claim. Also, he's going to be retracting that statement REAL fast considering AClll is a WiiU launch title. lol