Minecraft on Wii U.

#1GameKing59Posted 8/20/2012 7:00:36 PM
Some time ago, I had the thought of how Minecraft would play on the Wii U. Being one of the biggest names in gaming, I think it would be wise for Nintendo to acquire it for download on the Wii U's equivalent of Wiiware. I also had an idea on how it would play on the Wii U.

The Gamepad would be where all the crafting and item storage takes place. You move items among you inventory by touching them on the Gamepad. Perhaps if there's room, it would also be where you display your health and hunger. Otherwise, those would be displayed in the TV screen.

I ran this idea across my brother, his response was yes, saying the Wii U could easily run Minecraft many times over. What do you think? Would Minecraft be a good fit for the Wii U?
#2Starwars4JPosted 8/20/2012 7:02:35 PM
While I think that the Wii U is perhaps the only home console that can do the game justice, I believe they currently have a deal with Microsoft...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Enigma149Posted 8/20/2012 7:06:23 PM
It'd certainly have some interesting possibilities, and may even control better than the PC version, but like another poster said, I believe it's a MS-exclusive.
---
''Kill cams is also Call of Duty, a game that isn't violent at all.'' - DesperateMonkey
PSN:CrimsonEnigma (though you won't find me online); 3DS:4897-5935-1924
#4GameKing59(Topic Creator)Posted 8/20/2012 7:08:11 PM
Well that sucks.:(
#5Joehop007Posted 8/20/2012 7:16:09 PM
GameKing59 posted...
Some time ago, I had the thought of how Minecraft would play on the Wii U. Being one of the biggest names in gaming, I think it would be wise for Nintendo to acquire it for download on the Wii U's equivalent of Wiiware. I also had an idea on how it would play on the Wii U.

The Gamepad would be where all the crafting and item storage takes place. You move items among you inventory by touching them on the Gamepad. Perhaps if there's room, it would also be where you display your health and hunger. Otherwise, those would be displayed in the TV screen.

I ran this idea across my brother, his response was yes, saying the Wii U could easily run Minecraft many times over. What do you think? Would Minecraft be a good fit for the Wii U?

I had the exact same thought! You read my mind good sir.
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#6abigexplosionPosted 8/20/2012 7:16:52 PM
Minecraft is best on a PC. Just about any pc built in the last 5 years can run it, and the pc version has great mod support.
---
Not changing this signature until a new F-Zero is announced. *started 6/18/10*
F-Zero > Mario Kart. If you disagree, it's because you're bad at F-Zero.
#7Joehop007Posted 8/20/2012 7:26:53 PM
abigexplosion posted...
Minecraft is best on a PC. Just about any pc built in the last 5 years can run it, and the pc version has great mod support.

More like FANTASTIC mod support for the PC. With that said, I wonder if someone would mod a Wii U gamepad to work for the PC? 0_0 Oh... My... God the possibilities are endless!
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle
#8HellJumper_SKPosted 8/20/2012 8:57:57 PM
abigexplosion posted...

That is arguable. I enjoy the console experience more than PC, not to mention more of my friends play Minecraft on xbox > pc, making the xbox version "best" IMO.
---
PSN: HellJumper_SK
Now Playing: Mass Effect 3 (360), MLB 12: The Show (PS3/PSV)
#9Godstriker8Posted 8/20/2012 9:05:07 PM
I heard the xBox version is very limited in world size, so of we're not going to get infinite world limits, don't even bother.
---
I'm just dickin aroouunnnd
SHAKE AND BAKE!
#10little_spedvePosted 8/20/2012 9:54:32 PM
abigexplosion posted...

Slap Tekkit on the Wii U version and you will truly have something amazing.
---
| Asus G74Sx, Intel Core i7 2630 2.00Ghz, Nvidia GeForce GTX 560m 2GB |
| Xbox360 | Wii | Android (GSIII) | GCN | N64 | NES | 3DS | PS2 |