Why does Nintendo and their fans refuse to accept the truth?

#1KaiserLeoPosted 8/22/2012 1:58:43 AM
Post SNES, no one cares about 3rd Party on Nintendo. It's a footnote on each console, each one is defined by First or Second party games. Will the Wii be remembered for No More Heroes? Oh god no. It'll be Mario Galaxy & Zelda. Like the GC, remembered for Metroid and SSBM. 64? Zelda, DK, Pokemon, Mario and SSB.

3rd Party largely abandoned Nintendo in 1996, with the 64. Nintendo needs to step up their game and actually do what people complain about; every title needs to be 'Another Bloody ____' as Yahtzee puts it, or, and this will hit Nintendo like a ton of bricks, correctly advertise their other games.

Does Zelda/Pokemon/Mario, THEIR BIG 3, need advertisement? Not really, not to the push they got. I never want to see Robin Williams again thanks to OoT3DS's over saturation on TV. DKCR also got quite the push, but not to the degree of the Mario games, the main Pokemon and Zelda. What does need it? Things that don't sell to steller numbers, like Star Fox and Metroid. New ip. The few exclusives they get. I don't think I've ever even seen a Kirby or Metroid ad on TV.

Nintendo needs to bring things back, like the much clamoured for Earthbound, which could do with remakes to address with whatever problems Nintendo feels are holding them back. FZero could come back. There is so much backlog.

Don't get me started on Nintendo being uncompetitive more or less axing Players Choice.

TL;DR: Nintendo needs to actually advertise it's lower teir titles, accept that 3rd party are unreliable and produce more so the droughts don't happen. Nintendo needs to realise Nintendo consoles now mean Nintendo games, and do something about it.
---
MD II/GB/GBC/GBC/N64/PSOne/GBA/PS2/NGC/PS2s/DS/Wii/PS3/PSP 2k/360/PS2s/DSiXL/PSP 3k/PS3s/360s
#2SoeroahPosted 8/22/2012 2:16:11 AM
I dunno, I reckon I've got as many, if not more 3rd party games on my DS as I do Nintendo games.
#3KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:17:05 AM
Soeroah posted...
I dunno, I reckon I've got as many, if not more 3rd party games on my DS as I do Nintendo games.

Wrong type of platform.
---
MD II/GB/GBC/GBC/N64/PSOne/GBA/PS2/NGC/PS2s/DS/Wii/PS3/PSP 2k/360/PS2s/DSiXL/PSP 3k/PS3s/360s
#4Shadowbird_RHPosted 8/22/2012 2:24:08 AM
Of my 42 Wii games, only 16 are 1st party. My favorite game on the system is Rune Factory Frontier, a 3rd party game. Don't be so naive as to think that your experiences and preferences mirror the rest of the world.
---
Surrender and I will destroy you peacefully.
R.E.G.I.S. mk5 - Megas XLR
#5Stefan1277Posted 8/22/2012 2:27:21 AM
I agree that they need to advertise and bring more of their franchises forward, obviously who wouldn't agree to this, you know? but on the third party thing, it's not that Nintendo really wants to let them shine, is that the gamers demand it. They want to (bear with me here, this is not my case) have every.single.damn.game they like in one console.

They appear to want to rally more people with 3rd party games, since they missed on "new gen hits" with the Wii. Personally I don't care. I buy nintendo consoles for their god damn games. Hence I agree with the need to push them forward and on top.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
http://colorslive.com/author.php?page=1&id=38434
#6KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:28:16 AM
Shadowbird_RH posted...
Of my 42 Wii games, only 16 are 1st party. My favorite game on the system is Rune Factory Frontier, a 3rd party game. Don't be so naive as to think that your experiences and preferences mirror the rest of the world.

My favourite Wii game is Oneechanbara. We'd both be naive if we didn't accept our favourites are not big sellers and reasonably small time titles.
---
#7Shadowfxd2Posted 8/22/2012 2:42:34 AM
I don't think 3rd party has completely given up on Nintendo. It was just not possible to multi-platform this generation with the Wii being less powerful than 360 and PS3. It looks like with the Wii U, they will be able to put games on all three now!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg
#8PoltergustPosted 8/22/2012 4:13:23 AM
Shadowfxd2 posted...
I don't think 3rd party has completely given up on Nintendo. It was just not possible to multi-platform this generation with the Wii being less powerful than 360 and PS3. It looks like with the Wii U, they will be able to put games on all three now!

Yeah, and when multi-platform games did go to the Wii, they usually had to be downgraded or even changed completely, making the Wii version usually the inferior version.
---
I find sports video games to be the ultimate in irony and redundancy.-Kahai
#9CultOfCiderPosted 8/22/2012 4:25:13 AM
I will remember monster hunter tri.
---
---
#10Emerald_MeliosPosted 8/22/2012 6:00:10 AM
KaiserLeo posted...
Soeroah posted...

Wrong type of platform.

Nintendo DS was where all the JRPGs went.