Why does Nintendo and their fans refuse to accept the truth?

#31leeko_linkPosted 8/22/2012 2:45:24 PM
KaiserLeo posted...
Post SNES, no one cares about 3rd Party on Nintendo. It's a footnote on each console, each one is defined by First or Second party games. Will the Wii be remembered for No More Heroes? Oh god no. It'll be Mario Galaxy & Zelda. Like the GC, remembered for Metroid and SSBM. 64? Zelda, DK, Pokemon, Mario and SSB.

3rd Party largely abandoned Nintendo in 1996, with the 64. Nintendo needs to step up their game and actually do what people complain about; every title needs to be 'Another Bloody ____' as Yahtzee puts it, or, and this will hit Nintendo like a ton of bricks, correctly advertise their other games.

Does Zelda/Pokemon/Mario, THEIR BIG 3, need advertisement? Not really, not to the push they got. I never want to see Robin Williams again thanks to OoT3DS's over saturation on TV. DKCR also got quite the push, but not to the degree of the Mario games, the main Pokemon and Zelda. What does need it? Things that don't sell to steller numbers, like Star Fox and Metroid. New ip. The few exclusives they get. I don't think I've ever even seen a Kirby or Metroid ad on TV.

Nintendo needs to bring things back, like the much clamoured for Earthbound, which could do with remakes to address with whatever problems Nintendo feels are holding them back. FZero could come back. There is so much backlog.

Don't get me started on Nintendo being uncompetitive more or less axing Players Choice.

TL;DR: Nintendo needs to actually advertise it's lower teir titles, accept that 3rd party are unreliable and produce more so the droughts don't happen. Nintendo needs to realise Nintendo consoles now mean Nintendo games, and do something about it.

Hey at least it's no Jaguar or 3DO. It's funny how random ppl tend to tell Nintendo what to do with their business strategy when Nintendo already knew what they were doing for gaming many years/decades now. Nintendo is fine as they are with or without 3rd parties and they are focusing on giving other IPs (Kid Icarus, Pikmin, and Xenoblade) a chance while taking a break from the norm (like F-Zero, 1080, and Wave Race).
#32RadioactiveEPosted 8/22/2012 3:05:04 PM
See, here's the problem. Nintendo has been very difficult with third parties since the N64, where they purposely made their console hard to work on so that cross-platform games would be tough to develop. The GC was just a weird, purple console to develop for and didn't really have a lot going for it, even though it had decent third party support.

The Wii was a huge buzzkill for third party developers because of its weakness, which only pushed developers away more than they already had been put-off by Nintendo in the past. In reality, the less powerful hardware would have had easier developing costs and you know, the whole motion control thing. But instead of taking the safer route, most third parties jumped right on board with the two new powerhouses, which arguably was a bad choice considering the high development costs and whatnot. But Nintendo made a console that was very limited, and I don't think there's any doubt that they regret it. They may have sold oodles but again, that third party support wasn't there.

I think that every graphical era needed a period of refinement- the SNES was the refinement era of pixel gaming, where developers really go to strut their stuff, but the generation after was merely an opening foray into 3D gaming. One could say that the xBox/PS2/GCN era was the refinement period for standard definition gaming, but I disagree. The Wii/PS3/360 era could have been that, but instead, Nintendo was the only one to stay behind and really attempt to perfect their standard definition games, while the other companies took a big, expensive leap into the next level. That's why I think the Wii U is a good opportunity on their part- we're getting into this period where development costs and content for HD games are reaching a very nice sweet spot, and I think that will encourage third parties to find their home on the Wii U, in addition to the overall increased effort Nintendo has made to patch things up with them, and might make them wary of another massive power leap like the SUPPOSED PS4/720 thing.

Maybe I'm just rambling.
#33KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 4:15:25 PM
Terotrous posted...
KaiserLeo posted...
Post SNES, no one cares about 3rd Party on Nintendo. It's a footnote on each console, each one is defined by First or Second party games.

N64 and GC had terrible third-party support and did terribly. Wii had much better support and won its generation. That seems to indicate that people care.

The Wii only won on Oprah, hype and gimmick curiosity sales. Most of this generation will be remembered for the PS360 games.

BSerenity posted...
NCPwn posted...
TC is 100% right.

All 3rd party will be cross platform titles where the company was planning on PS3/XBOX/PC and then throwing in Wii-U for the extra shebang of money. No 3rd party will sit down and develop only for the WII-U.

They won't have a Cavia, or a Naughty Dog.

No one will have Cavia since the developer was disbanded...

Also, it is stupid to think Nintendo will not have third party exclusives, lol.

But it will never have the range and notoriety of 3rd from the Nes and Snes again, which is my point.
---
MD II/GB/GBC/GBC/N64/PSOne/GBA/PS2/NGC/PS2s/DS/Wii/PS3/PSP 2k/360/PS2s/DSiXL/PSP 3k/PS3s/360s
#34guedesbrawlPosted 8/22/2012 4:27:03 PM
portables
end topic/
---
Confession Time!
jRPGs are pretty much the best thing that ever happened to Video Games - Soanevalcke6
#35KaiserLeo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 6:36:47 PM
guedesbrawl posted...
portables
end topic/

Portables are an entirely different platform.
---
MD II/GB/GBC/GBC/N64/PSOne/GBA/PS2/NGC/PS2s/DS/Wii/PS3/PSP 2k/360/PS2s/DSiXL/PSP 3k/PS3s/360s
#36DavCubePosted 8/22/2012 7:37:35 PM
Kaiser, 3rd parties "abandoned" Nintendo for a multitude of reasons, a bulk of those being Nintendo's OWN FAULT. Nothing to do with "reliability."
---
http://backloggery.com/davcube
#37DTY3Posted 8/22/2012 11:15:49 PM
NCPwn posted...
TC is 100% right.

All 3rd party will be cross platform titles where the company was planning on PS3/XBOX/PC and then throwing in Wii-U for the extra shebang of money. No 3rd party will sit down and develop only for the WII-U.

They won't have a Cavia, or a Naughty Dog.

Because Ubisoft, ZombiU and Rayman Legends don't exist.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man