How to Nintendo

#21KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:10:15 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Nintendo used cartridges on N64 so they wouldn't need to pay liscensing fees on CD and because they were superior, albeit smaller and more expensive. And Nintendo did embrace online for the Wii but they outsourced it and they still wanted people to play locally overall.

Cartridges arnt superior to CD's. not in any way.
#22KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:11:36 PM
DTY3 posted...
Lol xbox. The DS launched with built in Wifi in 2004 and the xbox 360 required a $100 extension to do so.

Also they are just now getting internet browsing. Something the PS3, Wii, 64DD, and DSi all had built in. And its internet Explorer, lol.

1. it does not require a $100 extension.
2. who cares about web browsing. system web browsing isnt good to begin with and 64DD was only on the market for like a month.
#23ZvolTxPosted 8/22/2012 2:12:19 PM
KroganBallEater posted...
Nintendo used cartridges on N64 so they wouldn't need to pay liscensing fees on CD and because they were superior, albeit smaller and more expensive. And Nintendo did embrace online for the Wii but they outsourced it and they still wanted people to play locally overall.

Yes they are. Much faster read speeds.
---
Ahh, another fine day of trolling. http://i50.tinypic.com/344dpwn.jpg
The official "top cool dude" of the Sonic Championship board
#24KroganBallEater(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 2:14:45 PM
ZvoLtx posted...

Yes they are. Much faster read speeds.

*1. they are superior in ONE way.

they cost more to produce and hold less memory though which is worse then speed.
#251shadetail1Posted 8/22/2012 2:17:54 PM
DTY3 posted...
Lol xbox. The DS launched with built in Wifi in 2004 and the xbox 360 required a $100 extension to do so.

Also they are just now getting internet browsing. Something the PS3, Wii, 64DD, and DSi all had built in. And its internet Explorer, lol.

2. who cares about web browsing. system web browsing isnt good to begin with and 64DD was only on the market for like a month.

1) Utterly wrong. As DTY3 noted, it required one **at launch**. The 360 did not launch with built-in wireless.

2) Agreed, I never use my game systems to web browse. I'm not sure why anyone would care about that, particularly since any web browsing would inevitably go through the console manufacturer's own servers. I guess people don't mind the thought of Nintendo or Sony (and now MS) spying on their web surfing.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#26P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/22/2012 2:19:45 PM

The Bottom Line Cartridges are more durable, take less load times, and don't need a card to save. However they can't to things like FMV like CD's.

http://www.epinions.com/content_835952772?sb=1
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#27DTY3Posted 8/22/2012 10:11:16 PM(edited)
DTY3 posted...

1. It did when it launched (which, considering the DS, a extremely primitive system launched with it in 04, that's pathetic)
2. That's not the point. Many people care. The fact that they left it out and are JUST NOW implementing it (why bother) is laughable. And 64DD's longevity hasnothing to do with anything.

Try again. There is no defending all that.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#28Skul_Posted 8/22/2012 10:20:27 PM
New Link posted...
How to sony:
"Whats nintendo doing these days?"

How to M$
"Screw it we'll just buy them out"

How to Nintendo:
"Not quite sure what we did, but it prints money!"

The truth!
---
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB
"and sure sales are higher on 3DS but that's only because 3DS sold more," - DemonDog666
#29kewldude475Posted 8/22/2012 10:25:46 PM
motorazrv3xxx posted...
There have been more Live problems then PSN. PSN is far better than XBL

So not having party chat, XBLArcade, and being hacked is better? Hahahahahaha

http://crave.cnet.co.uk/gamesgear/xbox-live-down-microsoft-actively-investigating-50008531/

X-box live has been hacked, and has had problems.

Also, I honestly could not care less about party chat.

Lastly, I don't see what's so great about X-box live arcade. Or what makes it much better than PS1 classics or minis, if at all.

Try harder.