Your Reaction: Tales of Symphonia HD

#11Pendragoon(Topic Creator)Posted 8/22/2012 8:46:14 PM
bluesplus1 posted...
If they re-made the entire game with the following, I'd be ecstatic:

1) A modern graphics engine. Keep the art style, it was great, but scrap the chibi-style please.
2) Re-build some of the dungeons. Let's face it, most of them were pretty meh. I'd like some more creative puzzles and an overall better level design.
3) Re-master/ re-mix the soundtrack. I loved the soundtrack, but if they updated the sound and re-worked some of the not-so-amazing tracks, it would make the game IMO so much better.
4) Add more artes, EX-skills, hi-ougis, gear, and animated custcenes. Also, an extra character(s) (similar to PS3 Vesperia) with their own story segments and dialogue within the main storyline would be icing on the cake.
5) Most importantly, re-work the story. One thing I don't like about certain Tales games (Symphonia is one of them) is how they extend the main storyline with quests that sidetrack the characters from the main game. In other words, quests that are there that don't necessarily do anything to enhance or reveal anything new about the main story. For example, Raine getting sick, having to find the statue of Martel at the geyser, finding the fruit for the kid in Heimdall forest, etc. It was mainly the fetch quests that bugged me, as they felt forced. I'd have preferred most of them (the non-integral ones) to have been optional.

Also, the overall story and cutscenes (non-animated) themselves need to be re-worked. In a lot of ways, the way it was presented in the animation IMO was much more to the point and had much less pointless banter (you don't need to repeat our next destination 10 times per conversation...if I need help, I always have the synopsis...) between story segments.

Don't get me wrong. I still love the game, but if they were to fully re-make it, they'll need to put in a lot of work into it before I'd consider buying it. As much as I liked it, it hasn't aged all that well IMO.

Pretty much my wishlist as well. Add in all the extras that are now Tales standards (cameo battles with all Tales games to date being my most wanted and maybe an extra dungeon with boss fights from other Tales games) and make Kratos a permanent party member in addition to Zelos with plenty of new events, skits and other extras for him. (like Flynn in Vesperia)
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
#12DivineTruthPosted 8/22/2012 9:12:44 PM
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr834v3NJy1qe2iup.gif
"I've had enough of your snide insinuations."
#13DTY3Posted 8/22/2012 9:58:11 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
GeassMaster posted...
*Snores*

Current HD Tales games are already better than Tales of Symphonia anyway. Tired of people over-rating this game.

*points to sig*

He's completely right. Symphonia as a Tales game is pretty mediocre. Id rate Eternia above it, and that wasa PS1 game.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#14Vuts_UpPosted 8/22/2012 10:08:36 PM(edited)
No offence but beating it (Or any jrpg) once is a pretty weak excuse, especially considering the sheer overwhelming mass of content in Tales of Symphonia. I've played the game pretty extensively (At least 250 hours, pretty sure more like 1000 lol). If it was a simple HD remake (No new content) I would buy it to support tales games, and probably play through it a couple times, then buy it as birthday presents for friends.
#15SS4_NamreppivPosted 8/23/2012 8:28:20 AM
I'd take Symphonia, or even an updated version of Vesperia. Then maybe we could get an exclusive main series title when they sell well enough.
---
"I tried one of your dishes once. I truly believed a part of my soul died."~Dunban
#16Gandalf21Posted 8/23/2012 8:34:30 AM
I'd rather have a 3DS version.
---
Go Colts!
3DS FC: 3308-4607-4213
#17omniryuPosted 8/23/2012 8:35:08 AM
I'd rather they just put the original game on VC for $20 instead.

...Yea, Nintendo needs to work on a right price for their old games
---
PSN ID: Omniryu; Skype: Ryan.cox43
Gamertag: Donerapier94756
#18Board_hunter567Posted 8/23/2012 9:01:26 AM
Cool, but I'm probably not going to replay it.

PENDRAG0ON posted...
and with graphics that resemble the animated intros?

Like, perfectly? Then I'd be super impressed.
#19PedroMontanaPosted 8/23/2012 2:21:45 PM
omniryu posted...
I'd rather they just put the original game on VC for $20 instead.

...Yea, Nintendo needs to work on a right price for their old games

20$ seems to be in line with their current VC pricing.
---
No More Heroes