Are you still looking forward to September news after E3?

#1frogman_295Posted 8/22/2012 8:56:29 PM
The conference was just terrible. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice...

I'm going in expecting the worst, but will be pleasantly surprised if big announcements are made. I'll put it that way.
#21shadetail1Posted 8/22/2012 9:05:43 PM
The E3 presentation wasn't nearly as bad as people like to complain. It was rather poorly organized, but it was still very informative, with lots of info about the games and not nearly as much of the silly non-gaming nonsense that the other companies' presentations were larded up with.

Anyway, I'm expecting Nintendo to actually announce the price and release date this time, since they've said WiiU is releasing holiday 2012, and mid-September is only about two months away from the holiday season. Considering Nintendo's recent history, two months between the announcement and the actual release date is about normal for them.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#3kinglink13Posted 8/22/2012 9:07:38 PM
Yes.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#4KirazykidPosted 8/22/2012 9:32:06 PM
Completely agree with TC.
I can't bring myself to... ever get excited for Nintendo's conferences again. I was totally crushed this e3.
Well put, "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me."

And to those who defend Nintendo's E3 this year... why? We got basically no new games.
New Super Mario Bros hardly counts especially considering we saw Mii last year.
We also basically saw Nintendo Land last year, and Nintendo Land is hardly anything to even get excited about anyways.
And we saw Pikmin 3. But we've known about that for many years now.

I could defend Nintendo's E3 too to be honest, if we at least got ONE new game of worth from them.
So I'm expecting the worst, just like TC.
---
http://www.whalecomics.com/
#5P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/22/2012 9:36:59 PM
1shadetail1 posted...
The E3 presentation wasn't nearly as bad as people like to complain. It was rather poorly organized, but it was still very informative, with lots of info about the games and not nearly as much of the silly non-gaming nonsense that the other companies' presentations were larded up with.

Anyway, I'm expecting Nintendo to actually announce the price and release date this time, since they've said WiiU is releasing holiday 2012, and mid-September is only about two months away from the holiday season. Considering Nintendo's recent history, two months between the announcement and the actual release date is about normal for them.

this.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#6PendragoonPosted 8/22/2012 9:38:47 PM
E3 started off with Pikmin 3, and that got me pumped for a massive showing from Nintendo, and then nothing. Not one impressive Wii U title was shown after that. Then you have the Retro Studio last minute noshow leading to the disjointed showing and overly long Nintendo Land demo. It derailed my hype.

Now the hype is slowly returning and I am hoping to be surprised by Nintendo during this September event.
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
#71shadetail1Posted 8/22/2012 9:48:47 PM
Kirazykid posted...
And to those who defend Nintendo's E3 this year... why? We got basically no new games.

We got plenty of new games. The vast majority of them were third-party titles, because Nintendo had been promising for the better part of a year that they were going to put their third-party push in the spotlight. And they actually delivered on that promise.

Also, it's pretty disingenuous to say that NSMBU wasn't a new game just because last year they showed us a tech demo of NSMBW with Miis replacing some of the playable characters. So yes, that absolutely counts as a new game. Not that this actually matters, because even on the games we already knew about, there was still lots of new information.

And that's why I keep pointing out that people complaining about E3 are just blowing smoke. It could have been presented much better, but the fact remains that it was very informative.
---
Religion is like spaghetti: either stiff and fragile, or wet and limp.
#8kinglink13Posted 8/22/2012 9:56:30 PM
E3 is done with, do people still care about it?, Sony's E3 2006 sucked more than Nintendo's E3 2012 so clearly it happens.
---
#9Limelight788Posted 8/22/2012 10:06:03 PM
No.

E3 2012 crushed my hopes for the Wii U. All I want from it now is for Smash 4 to get released and get out of the way so I can buy it and never again have to buy another game. That way, I can completely move on to other hobbies.

I don't expect any games I want to make it to the Wii U. No Star Fox, no F-zero, no Custom Robo, nothing.
---
Mega Man, Mii, Mewtwo, Saki, Mach Rider, Goroh, Krystal, King K. Rool, Paper Mario, Ghirahim, Roy, Palutena, Takamaru, Isaac, Ray, Geno, and Genesect for SSB4
#10kinglink13Posted 8/22/2012 10:11:48 PM
Limelight788 posted...
No.

E3 2012 crushed my hopes for the Wii U. All I want from it now is for Smash 4 to get released and get out of the way so I can buy it and never again have to buy another game. That way, I can completely move on to other hobbies.

I don't expect any games I want to make it to the Wii U. No Star Fox, no F-zero, no Custom Robo, nothing.

Did you have hope for the PS3 after Sony's E3 2006 conference?.

People got to stop acting like E3 will make or break a console.
---