remember when HD TV's were expensive?

#31LHS_2012Posted 8/23/2012 1:55:29 PM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Last place? The PS3 is outselling both Xbox360 and Wii.

If 3rd place is running faster than 2nd and 1st, that won't change the fact he's still 3rd until he passes either of them.
---
3DS: 1547-5445-2482
Leasing sig space
#32DeathSoul2000Posted 8/23/2012 1:55:53 PM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Sentinox posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
I remember: Sony lost billions upon billions, pretty much all the money they made on the PS2 if I'm not mistaken, future proofing their hardware. What a great idea it would be to do that again, amirite?

Already forgot Nintendo's financial situation?

lol. Nintendo lost some money, but they aren't in debt like Sony, they didn't lose all the money they made in 2 generations. They aren't in the red, and they still have money to spare. Did you for get about their situation?

A company like Sony is much, much bigger than Nintendo. Sony is involved in music, movies, mediaplayers, TV's, PC's, games etc. Nintendo is involved in..........games.

Sony can withstand a blow because of its cashflow from wholly different industries. Nintendo is losing its profits from its only cashflow.

Basic economics really.

except that sony is losing money in most of its divisions. so it doesn't exactly have a lot to fall back on just because they dabble in a lot of electronics. a company taking losses, especially as big as sony's, is never good for any company, no matter how you spin it.
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#33Spade59Posted 8/23/2012 2:09:13 PM
Killeryoshi owned nearly 4 consecutive times.

My word, what happened to good trolls? Ever since it became mainstream everyone and their mother believes they can troll well.
#34SentinoxPosted 8/23/2012 2:18:25 PM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Last place? The PS3 is outselling both Xbox360 and Wii.

Still hasn't outsold Wii

Killeryoshi8 posted...
Sentinox posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
I remember: Sony lost billions upon billions, pretty much all the money they made on the PS2 if I'm not mistaken, future proofing their hardware. What a great idea it would be to do that again, amirite?

Already forgot Nintendo's financial situation?

lol. Nintendo lost some money, but they aren't in debt like Sony, they didn't lose all the money they made in 2 generations. They aren't in the red, and they still have money to spare. Did you for get about their situation?

A company like Sony is much, much bigger than Nintendo. Sony is involved in music, movies, mediaplayers, TV's, PC's, games etc. Nintendo is involved in..........games.

Sony can withstand a blow because of its cashflow from wholly different industries. Nintendo is losing its profits from its only cashflow.

Basic economics really.

No, not basic economics, Sony is losing from everything. And if you count only their game division, that division still lost much much more than Nintendo.
---
CEO of the PlayStation Vita Cinema Snack Fun Land. Employees 2
#35MelkacPosted 8/23/2012 2:29:03 PM
Great! That means it will cost 999 US dollars now!

Meanwhile, the Wii U is selling like hot bread.
#36PensatoPosted 8/23/2012 2:34:56 PM
4K is HD. So 4K TVs are HDTVs. Also, HDTVs have been around sine the late 1960s in Japan and since 1998 in the US. At this point HDTVs costed over 10K in the US. The reason most people don't realize HDTV's have been around so long was because they didn't have any support. HD content really didn't start getting made for consumption in the US until the mid 00s. Now it's mainstream and HD content is everywhere thus cheaper than 4K HDTVs.

4K TVs currently cost over 20K because they have not opened for commercial sales yet (Though LG is opening up their 4K in September). Even then LG isn't going to mass produce their 4K TV yet because there's no market for it yet. I mean there's like 5 films made at 4K. Once more 4K content comes out 4K TVs will open for commercial sales and be why cheaper.

Of course by then the next HD resolution will have been announced for the low low price of 50K.
#37Killeryoshi8(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 3:07:02 PM
Pensato posted...
4K is HD. So 4K TVs are HDTVs. Also, HDTVs have been around sine the late 1960s in Japan and since 1998 in the US. At this point HDTVs costed over 10K in the US. The reason most people don't realize HDTV's have been around so long was because they didn't have any support. HD content really didn't start getting made for consumption in the US until the mid 00s. Now it's mainstream and HD content is everywhere thus cheaper than 4K HDTVs.

4K TVs currently cost over 20K because they have not opened for commercial sales yet (Though LG is opening up their 4K in September). Even then LG isn't going to mass produce their 4K TV yet because there's no market for it yet. I mean there's like 5 films made at 4K. Once more 4K content comes out 4K TVs will open for commercial sales and be why cheaper.

Of course by then the next HD resolution will have been announced for the low low price of 50K.

HD is a meaningless definition. In strict terms, HD is 720p, Full HD is 1080p and 4K is about 2000p.
---
Planetside 2 ---> Free to play Massive Online Shooter
#38NyyarkPosted 8/23/2012 3:13:26 PM
Killeryoshi8 posted...
Nyyark posted...
Killeryoshi8 posted...
barely output .

I hope you realize how absurd using that qualifier makes you TC.

Nintendo stated that their launch games will run 720p, which will be upscaled to 1080p.

So essentially the Wii U outputs 720p. My previous statement was overestimating the situation, but thanks for the reality check. Let me rephrase it:

The Wii U does not output 1080p at all.

Native Rendering is what you're talking about. Output is the size of the image the console is sending to the TV.
#39Sirian_HawkPosted 8/23/2012 4:41:27 PM
Remember when the Wii-U board WASN'T flooded with trolls?

...Yeah. Me neither.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#40Pac12345Posted 8/23/2012 4:44:47 PM
Before we all keep discussing this world-important topic, Has it been confirmed that the PS4 will indeed support 4K resolutions?

All I know is that this rumor has been circulating around the web with no confirmation from SONY.