New ZombiU Developer Diary :)!

#1jmichaelbpPosted 8/23/2012 9:37:44 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6RhqEbUlWQ&feature=plcp

I think that the game is looking good :). It looks a lot better and more polished than the E3 build.

Enjoy the video.

P:S: Make sure to watch the video in 720p.
Don't have the volume up or wear head phones, if you don't like screamers/jump scares.
#2DrRMPosted 8/23/2012 9:45:32 AM
this is the best video of zombiu so far :D

I like how you can shot the legs to immobilize the zombies :}

when head shots are not an option, what cant move cant bite *limb shooting for the win*
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."
#3jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 9:57:59 AM
DrRM posted...
this is the best video of zombiu so far :D

I like how you can shot the legs to immobilize the zombies :}

when head shots are not an option, what cant move cant bite *limb shooting for the win*

Glad you enjoyed the video =).

The vid quality is better on IGN's site... but the vid player sucks.

Yeah, this might be the best video of the game so far.

I went and compared some scenes of this vid, to the E3 vid and this current build has better textures, more detailed character/ enemy/ gun models, better lighting and more props on the areas.
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/23/2012 10:05:12 AM
They can still very much bite when crippled. You can curb stomp them when they are on the ground though >:D
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#5jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 10:08:10 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
They can still very much bite when crippled. You can curb stomp them when they are on the ground though >:D

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/001/987/fyeah.jpg
#6Board_hunter567Posted 8/23/2012 10:34:39 AM(edited)
Coming "this Christmas?" Say whaaaaaaaaaat?*

But yeah...the game just isn't doing it for me. There are just so many other Zombie "survival horror" games that are available/coming out that do everything so much better, most of which are actually open world/sandbox and not "semi" open world.

And there's no tension in the "one life" feature. You'll have a different character model and have to hunt down your old one (by following the level path you have to head down anyway), but otherwise everything is the same. I'm curious if you can run out of characters to play as though, because as far as we know there's just some bloke and Lucy Cox. Maybe it's randomized, but they don't seem to have that system in place.
There is tension when the game forces you to switch focus to the GamePad and you have to be mindful of what's happening on the big screen, but that's about it for me.

Edit: *Apparently, this has been know since the 16th. News to me though.
#7IcecreamdunwichPosted 8/23/2012 10:23:32 AM
Nothing about this game grips me, nothing. I have no doubt this is the next 'Red Steel'.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#8jmichaelbp(Topic Creator)Posted 8/23/2012 10:33:10 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
Nothing about this game grips me, nothing. I have no doubt this is the next 'Red Steel'.

Okay if you're not interested than that's fine by me.

Everybody can have different tastes when it comes to games.
#9DivineTruthPosted 8/23/2012 10:38:09 AM
Still not interested. What would interest me a little however is if the first playable character is a custom avatar.
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr834v3NJy1qe2iup.gif
"I've had enough of your snide insinuations."
#10DrRMPosted 8/23/2012 10:43:30 AM
Board_hunter567 posted...
Coming "this Christmas?" Say whaaaaaaaaaat?*

And there's no tension in the "one life" feature. You'll have a different character model and have to hunt down your old one (by following the level path you have to head down anyway), but otherwise everything is the same. I'm curious if you can run out of characters to play as though, because as far as we know there's just some bloke and Lucy Cox. Maybe it's randomized, but they don't seem to have that system in place.
There is tension when the game forces you to switch focus to the GamePad and you have to be mindful of what's happening on the big screen, but that's about it for me.

the fun start when you are online and others can get to your zombie before you do or you can get to their zombies before them. you cant run out of character, because the next survivor is a random set of names and appearances.
---
"He aqui mi secreto, que no puede ser mas simple : solo con el corazon se puede ver bien; lo esencial es invisible para los ojos."