Why is every(nintendohater)body caring about 4k, all of sudden?

#61JackalPosted 8/25/2012 2:55:57 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
I think Sonytards believe too heavily in rumors.

And you are saying that Nintendo fans don't? Really? After a year of post based on rumors?
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#62MisterSmeePosted 8/25/2012 3:55:33 AM
I think Sonytards believe too heavily in rumors.

Funny, i dont see a whole lot of talk about this rumour on the ps3 boards. Just the wii-u board. From Nintendo fans who seem to have taken it as the truth.
#63shampoowarriorPosted 8/25/2012 5:24:23 AM
Most people on the PS3 board were laughing about 4k, didn't realize it was a hot issue over here.

General feeling seemed to be "PS4 will support 4K in the same way the PS3 supports 1080p. For video and the OS. For gaming, rarely if at all."
---
To a kid lookin' up to me, life ain't nothin' but pixels and money.
http://backloggery.com/shampoowarrior
#64tizzywilkillyouPosted 8/25/2012 5:46:25 AM
Jackal posted...
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Jackal posted...
"Why is every(nintendohater)body caring about 4k, all of sudden?"

Because it the new resolution of TVs on the horizon. Movie theaters are moving in that direction and now we will have TVs to follow it. Look at the link below. Choose full screen and then change the quality to "Original". Let us know how your computer handles it. How often it buffers. How smooth it plays.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dgSa4wmMzk

Read some of the comments too.

Uh, it played fine without buffering on my 720p smartphone...

It plays fine on mine , too. But I don't think YouTube on your smartphone allows you to change the resolution. If it does, I haven't seen the option. Now try it on your computer set to "Original" resolution.

Here is "The Hobbit" 4k trailer. Yes, the movie is in 4k.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t56ooXC9VmY&feature=related

Played it on my PC. Changed resolution to "original". It stopped 5 seconds in to buffer (for about 2-3 seconds), then was fine the rest of the way. Smooth, no stutters, no tearing, etc.

What exactly was the point supposed to be here? PC specs are in my sig.
---
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050
#65JackalPosted 8/25/2012 6:53:07 AM
tizzywilkillyou posted...
Played it on my PC. Changed resolution to "original". It stopped 5 seconds in to buffer (for about 2-3 seconds), then was fine the rest of the way. Smooth, no stutters, no tearing, etc.

What exactly was the point supposed to be here? PC specs are in my sig.

"Why is every(nintendohater)body caring about 4k, all of sudden?"

That was the question. My answer was because it's the next thing coming down the pipe. The point of you watching the YouTube video on the full screen mode and seeing how it plays was for people to see what type of computer specs it will take for them to do so. Way more than a console will have and it doesn't run smoothly.

Your specs:
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050

My Specs:
i7 3.06ghz, 24gb DD3 RAM, Nvidia Quadro w/512 RAM, 64gb SSD, 23" monitor @1920x1080, Dual N-Band router

I can run that video smoothly. But I may have to buffer on some other 4K video depending on how much action is going on.

Now imagine a 4K racing game or action game. All of that data being push at those resolutions will be very taxing on a console whether it's the WiiU, PS4 or 720. The PS4 being about to support the 4K rez doesn't mean that many games, if any, will support it anytime soon. The format will be best suited for movies just like 1080p was for the PS3 and Bluray.

There is really no need to worry about the PS4 or 720 supporting it at this point. Rumor or not.
---
PSN: Jackal-5, XBox: Jackal 55 (No, I don't have a 360)
EVE Online: Jonak
#66Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 8/25/2012 6:54:29 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
Sylar100 posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
@Kirbyfan
If I quoted you again it could be misconstrued as purposely trying to annoy the other guy, which is trolling. You're petty arguments aren't getting me modded.

No it wouldn't

If I quote someone who specifically says "Don't quote x, y, and z" and my response quotes x, y, or z and I do so repeatedly, I'm obviously annoying the guy. Even if I'm not intentionally annoying him, repeatedly doing so isn't helping my case. So yea, my actions could be seen as fitting the description of trolling provided by this site.

No that is not trolling at all. You are allowed to quote whoever you want, how ever many times you want.
---
The official (elected by users of the wii hardware board) President of GameFAQS Wii hardware Board as of 11/5/08