As long as Nintendo can get GTAV and FFXV for the U, then they will succeed.

#21PendragoonPosted 8/23/2012 11:22:05 PM
MewtwoEx posted...
I dont know abou FF15, since the last games were bad, or so I heard, but i would definitively pick up GTA5

XIII was more different than bad. The story was a mess and the sequel ended with a TBC. The battle system was pretty solid though, but it was pretty different and had a party leader death=game over in the first game.

Then there was the hallways...

Rumors of XV point to it being more like FFXII, with real time battles and a more open world. Hopefully that proves to be true.
---
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
#22Chewy247Posted 8/23/2012 11:26:08 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
SE may announce XIII-3 for the Wii U in addition to the expected PS3 and 360 versions. It wouldn't be that big of an announcement though.

They should, from the way XIII-2 sold out the door they need as much porting as the game can get.
---
PSN ID PSI_Gaming
Currently Enjoying: Shenmue/Chrono Trigger
#23Oni_TaedoPosted 8/23/2012 11:31:32 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
Off Topic: There is a Monster Hunter game for PC, Frontier, that is free to play from Capcom's official Japanese website. Here's the downside. It's Japanese. You need to register in Japanese, with Kanji and a japanese zip code. You need to trick your computer into thinking its japanese. You need a Japanese IP address. And you cannot buy DLC without a Japanese credit/debit card.

That being said, the game is awesome.

It's not bad, actually.
I got to play a small bit of it.

Would have gotten some of the DLC if I hadn't cancelled my credit card before leaving Osaka.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#24RelevenPosted 8/23/2012 11:51:12 PM
...They've already got Mario and friends... basically the biggest selling franchises in gaming history... Yeah, I think they're gonna be okay.
---
http://www.notenoughshaders.com/2012/07/02/the-rise-of-costs-the-fall-of-gaming/
#25quickposterPosted 8/24/2012 12:48:59 AM(edited)
Final Fantasy will be a shoe-in but honestly I doubt a lot of these people have any intention of buying Nintendo anyway. Even if they did have GTA V (and I would bank on it being on Wii U) it will only be enough for the Nintendo fans that want it to stop jumping ship. Unfortunately a lot of that fanbase sees games like GTA as too "mature" for Nintendo. I was sold on the idea of playing Tekken on a Nintendo console last year. But Mass Effect only got me more interested. Yes I can play those on PS3 and 360 but why should I when Nintendo gave me the option I asked for. Sadly though a lot won't be persuaded no matter what third party game they have.
#26flagg2kplusPosted 8/24/2012 12:55:48 AM
FFXIII-2 will probably be a WiiU game, but no way FFXV will be on WIIU.

FFXV will probably use their new engine they showed off. That means PS4 and 720 only.

The WiiU wont be able to handle it.
---
Don't take life too seriously. You'll never escape alive.
#27quickposterPosted 8/24/2012 12:59:30 AM
MewtwoEx posted...
I dont know abou FF15, since the last games were bad, or so I heard, but i would definitively pick up GTA5

FF XIII 2 was a great game imo and made up for most of the sins that XIII committed to the FF name.
#28quickposterPosted 8/24/2012 1:02:25 AM
flagg2kplus posted...

FFXV will probably use their new engine they showed off. That means PS4 and 720 only.

So lets me understand this. You are saying that a company that would clearly make more money on Nintendo would leave it for a console they would see less sales on? Especially since Square already said their new engine is currently only running on PC and can be ported to PS3s and tablets (that means Wii U can run it anyway)?

Your in denial bro.
#29PaulKagebeinPosted 8/24/2012 1:57:52 AM
Prince Shondronai posted...
GTAV and FFXV wouldn't have that much effect on the success of the Wii U. GTA fanboys wouldn't touch a Nintendo console to save the lives of their families. Final Fantasy might Nintendo get a few converts, but ultimately it'd just be a drop in the bucket.

Grand Theft Auto is personally my single favorite series of all-time, and I've never owned anything but Nintendo consoles and a gaming PC (where I've played all the GTA gems). As far as third party games are concerned, I would love nothing more than to see GTA V hit the Wii U.
---
Pokemon White FC - 3225 1582 0350
#30dezmomoPosted 8/24/2012 3:40:01 AM
flagg2kplus posted...

Not sure if serious...
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards