had Nintendo made any mention of Region Locking yet?

#1El_DustinoPosted 8/23/2012 11:55:28 PM(edited)
I did a quick search, and could not really see anything confirmative. I am just curious. I do not expect it, but it would be nice for Nintendo to actually do something, well, good, for once.

Thank you.

EDIT: Damn it, stupid title typo. :(
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#2GencoilPosted 8/23/2012 11:59:10 PM
I wish they would do like Sony and make it region free. But we're talking about Nintendo, they're not going to do something forward-thinking like that. They'd rather have us buy a second Wii U instead.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#3MotiJrPosted 8/24/2012 2:48:25 AM
Gencoil posted...
I wish they would do like Sony and make it region free. But we're talking about Nintendo, they're not going to do something forward-thinking like that. They'd rather have us buy a second Wii U instead.

Just out of curiosity, how many games have you imported previously?
#4DTY3Posted 8/24/2012 2:51:38 AM
Gencoil posted...

Because they have NEVER done that before, amirite?
---
http://www.backloggery.com/dty16 <----FCs
GE 4813 3424 1557 Quick Man
#5GencoilPosted 8/24/2012 3:00:54 AM
MotiJr posted...
Gencoil posted...

Why does this only concern me? Even if I don't import much there are others out there who do. It's nice to know that the option is there.
---
www.klustr.net || http://passid.ca/recoil || Xbox LIVE: Nitesoul || PSN: Gencoil
#6MotiJrPosted 8/24/2012 3:08:49 AM
Gencoil posted...
MotiJr posted...
Gencoil posted...

Why does this only concern me? Even if I don't import much there are others out there who do. It's nice to know that the option is there.

Or you can get all defensive and not answer the question, whatever.
#7EoinPosted 8/24/2012 3:11:15 AM
MotiJr posted...
Or you can get all defensive and not answer the question, whatever.

It's very difficult to see how your question is really relevant.

Region free games are a good thing for consumers, regardless of whether they ever actually import a game from another region. People can be - should be - in favour of region free games even if they have never played a game from another region and never intend to.
#8GencoilPosted 8/24/2012 4:28:58 AM
Eoin posted...
It's very difficult to see how your question is really relevant.

Region free games are a good thing for consumers, regardless of whether they ever actually import a game from another region. People can be - should be - in favour of region free games even if they have never played a game from another region and never intend to.

He's just mad I criticized Nintendo :P

And I have 8 games that are imported. Like I said, not much, but those games meant a lot to me.
---
#9El_Dustino(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 4:48:22 AM
The question is totally irrelevant, as Eoin said. And it is weird that it was only directed at you, Genny, so, you're probably right.

Oh, and just to be in the fun, I only have one imported game. It would be more, but I have had some money issues during the past year.

Either way, in answer to my own question, I am going to assume no. We can all guess what they will decide, but man, I wish that was not the case. :/ NoA can not even be depended on to bring all of their own games over.
---
The two most beautiful words in any language: I forgive.
#10IcedEarthaholicPosted 8/24/2012 5:11:54 AM
El_Dustino posted...
The question is totally irrelevant, as Eoin said. And it is weird that it was only directed at you, Genny, so, you're probably right.

Oh, and just to be in the fun, I only have one imported game. It would be more, but I have had some money issues during the past year.

Either way, in answer to my own question, I am going to assume no. We can all guess what they will decide, but man, I wish that was not the case. :/ NoA can not even be depended on to bring all of their own games over.

The last paragraph nails my thoughts exactly. NoA is just incompetent. If the Wii U were region free, I would buy a European one so I can play all the imports I missed out on, I am sick of being screwed over by Reggie and his cronies, they are like the GOP of the video game industry.
---
Want to help bring Fatal Frame Deep Crimson Butterfly to NA?Join Operation Zero https://www.facebook.com/pages/Operation-Zero/131582506953973