Is Wii U really getting an early start?

#1wp4everPosted 8/24/2012 7:39:17 AM
Just a theory, curious to see what some of you think. With the Wii being "under powered" as so many people say (but yet imo, the best of the 3), and with the next box and PS4 on the horizon, what if the Wii U is just meant to bridge the gap, and by the time the Nintendo 5-6 year cycle continues, by then the next Nintendo console will be released right after Microsoft and Sony, which would mean that the next Nintendo console (of around equal power to PS4 and next box) would actually come out last.

Not sure if it has been discussed or not, but any thoughts?
---
"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None."
#2P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/24/2012 7:42:59 AM
Generations are described by time and relation, not power.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#3wp4ever(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2012 7:46:38 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Yes, I am just saying that in terms of power, the generation after the up coming, The next Nintendo console will come out last that will be on par with PS4 and next box.
---
"Equal Rights For All, Special Privileges For None."
#4P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/24/2012 7:50:02 AM
wp4ever posted...
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...

Yes, I am just saying that in terms of power, the generation after the up coming, The next Nintendo console will come out last that will be on par with PS4 and next box.

It's more likely that it will surpass them, especially given the large chance that graphical differences this gen will be discountable. But it still stands that a generation is not defined by power by any means necessary. Otherwise, there would be FAR more generations than eight.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#5quickposterPosted 8/24/2012 7:52:43 AM
I believe they are getting a head start. Generations are defined by cycles and not raw power. Power doesn't matter.
#6elheberPosted 8/24/2012 9:53:22 AM
If Microsoft and Sony continue giving their systems long life-cycles, then I do see a possibility of generations getting desynchronized.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#7Rennik RepotsirPosted 8/24/2012 10:29:59 AM
Head start followed by a late start? Hmm... If things remain the same; could be...
---
FREE BUMP!!!
Eat it...</post>
#8MarioLinkNESPosted 8/24/2012 3:45:51 PM
I can see this happening too. It actually makes a lot of sense. Wii U slightly better then 360 and PS3, Then the next Nintendo coming slightly after the next xbox and PS4 and being slightly better or on par with them. Interesting.
---
I own Tandy, 2600, NES, NESv2, GB, SNES, GBC, N64, GBA, SP, NGC, DS, DSL, XL, Wii, 3DS, SMS, SMS2, SG, SG2 GG, SCD, S32X, SS, SDC, PS1, PS2, XBox, 360 and PC
#9kayoticdreamzPosted 8/24/2012 3:58:50 PM
i see the wii u having a 2 year head start at the very least unless microsoft and sony decide to debut the next systems at E3 and rush them out that same year which would be shocking. then i figure a year or two before developers learn to start pushing those systems. so theoritically the wii u should be just fine for the next 4 years or so. not to mention sony systems dont die right away. so the ps3 will probably be getting stuff for a while. and who knows what microsoft will do with the 360. they did support xbox live on xbox 1 games for quite a while.
#10LinetrixPosted 8/24/2012 4:07:12 PM
A head start? Nintendo is 6 years late!
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation