Why is Nintendo releasing a console in 2012 with 2006 visuals?

#31DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/25/2012 1:37:05 AM
Foppe posted...
DesperateMonkey posted...
servb0ts posted...
Graphics don't make the Game, Gameplay does.

Graphics makes gameplay, gameplay makes the game, graphics makes the game.

With that logic, all games on the Snes are bad and totally unplayable today.
And all games released this generation will be bad and unplayable in a few generations.

Do you even know what graphics are? Please go read a review and see what it means. Lots of 2D games score way higher than technincally demanding games.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#32FoppePosted 8/25/2012 3:06:49 AM
Foppe posted...
servb0ts posted...

And all games released this generation will be bad and unplayable in a few generations.

Do you even know what graphics are? Please go read a review and see what it means. Lots of 2D games score way higher than technincally demanding games.

Graphics are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, screen, paper, or stone to brand, inform, illustrate, or entertain.
And the Snes had 3D graphics, if there is a difference between 2D and 3D.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#33Solid LinkPosted 8/25/2012 3:49:03 AM
TC: "From what I hear from experts, in the case of legitimate graphics, Wii U has a way of shutting that whole thing down."

...Ehh, could be better. As long as it gets across my point.
---
CM HAF 912|MSI 890FXA-GD65|AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE @ 3.4GHz|XFX HD-6870 1GB
Patriot 8GB DDR3 1600|1TB SATA Spinpoint HDD|XFX 650W PSU|ASUS 23" LED LCD
#34DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/25/2012 5:32:15 AM
Foppe posted...
Foppe posted...
servb0ts posted...

Graphics are visual presentations on some surface, such as a wall, canvas, screen, paper, or stone to brand, inform, illustrate, or entertain.
And the Snes had 3D graphics, if there is a difference between 2D and 3D.

Graphics is everything you see... every image that is generated. How satisfying that visual feedback is in relation to our input is we determine good or bad gameplay. That's why an sRPG like Final Fantasy tactics has very little for a player to actually do (select commands and math is processed) yet is very fun to play.

There is no game outside of text based games (arguable as well) that doesn't depend on graphics.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#35dking009Posted 8/25/2012 5:47:28 AM(edited)
what do you know yet another one of these topics
---
KAMMY KOOPA for Super Smash Bros 4
#36_LordAndSaviorPosted 8/25/2012 5:53:34 AM
servb0ts posted...

Not when a system can't even handle games with great game play because the graphics are to advanced for the system.
---
Will not change this sig, until Carlito is a World Champion! 7/10/11 (Unofficial Date: 6/11/05)
R.I.P Shauwk, Gone but Never Forgotten. You will be missed.
#37Lord_of_BeefDipPosted 8/25/2012 5:57:59 AM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
PS3 2006
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/resistance-fall-of-man-ps3-screenshot-big.jpg

Wii U 2012
http://gamatsu.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ninja-Gaiden-3-Razors-Edge_2012_06-06-12_004.jpg

There is a problem with that though. Back when the Ps3 first came out, devs were relatively new to making those types of engines, but that is not the case with the U. The U can take advantage of all the software/rendering advancements made since then, advantages the current HD twins did not have.

That said, I do expect the Wii U to look a lot better than what is on the Ps3/360, but not till at least later on next year and into 2014.

timeclock0037 posted...
My opinion on the graphic capabilities of Nintendo's unreleased console aside, isn't it amazing how well Resistance 1 has held up graphically?

Lol, no. RE4 on GCN looks better.

That is utterly ridiculous and you know it. RE4 looks amazing for a GC game, but Resistance is better on all fronts, due to radically superior hardware.
---
music3212.proboards.com
My forum, attempting a revival.
#38Shinobi120Posted 8/25/2012 6:11:42 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
I dunno, why did Microsoft release a new Xbox with just barely upgraded graphics from the original?

...Oh wait. Games look better over time as hardware nuances are figured out.

This. Fanboys are going to be looking stupid very soon.
#39P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/25/2012 6:18:43 AM
Lord_of_BeefDip posted...
PS3 2006
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/resistance-fall-of-man-ps3-screenshot-big.jpg

Wii U 2012
http://gamatsu.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ninja-Gaiden-3-Razors-Edge_2012_06-06-12_004.jpg

There is a problem with that though. Back when the Ps3 first came out, devs were relatively new to making those types of engines, but that is not the case with the U. The U can take advantage of all the software/rendering advancements made since then, advantages the current HD twins did not have.

That said, I do expect the Wii U to look a lot better than what is on the Ps3/360, but not till at least later on next year and into 2014.

timeclock0037 posted...
My opinion on the graphic capabilities of Nintendo's unreleased console aside, isn't it amazing how well Resistance 1 has held up graphically?

Lol, no. RE4 on GCN looks better.

That is utterly ridiculous and you know it. RE4 looks amazing for a GC game, but Resistance is better on all fronts, due to radically superior hardware.

Devs are still feeling out the U as well, although it isn't as stupidly complicated as the Ps3. However, if the Wii U can push out 2012 Ps3 visuals without any real effort, something the Ps3 wasn't really capable of in 2006, then it's obvious that the U is superior and leaves room for improvement. As for the RE4 thing, yeah. I was kinda blowing that outta proportion but I don't think Resistance has held up nearly as well. Especially gameplay wise.
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#40LinetrixPosted 8/25/2012 6:25:51 AM
_LordAndSavior posted...
servb0ts posted...

Not when a system can't even handle games with great game play because the graphics are to advanced for the system.

Very well said.
---
It doesn't matter the additional notes say opinions aren't trolling. The Notes are wrong and your opinion is trolling - GameFAQs moderation