If you have a PS3/360 and multiplats are worse on Wii U, why care about them?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 8/24/2012 11:05:03 PM
Nintendo fanboys treat a third party announcement for a Wii U version of a game as something to throw a celebration for, when 9 out of 10 people interested in the game already can play it on a console they already have.

Now the big selling point was "It will be the superior version, looking the best!" when the same people would say "If you care about graphics then get a PC" in regards to Wii U being the weakest of next gen which is damn right hilarious logic and pure hypocrisy. As we have learned, Assassin's Creed 3 is noticeably worse looking than the PS3 version which the title is just two months from releasing.

We have yet to see a Wii U version of any game that truly looks better than the PS3/360 version when it is a supposed next gen console. Everything shown has been on par, looking better in few areas as well as looking worse. Assassin's Creed III was hailed as the multiplat that shows how the Wii U could have superior pots but as GamesRadar said it's as clear as "Night and day" how bad it looks next to the PS3 version. So what exactly is the point of caring about the Wii U version?

Are all of you who constantly defend the Wii U planning on selling your PS3/360 as soon as you get one? No you arent, you know it and I know it, but I bet some of you are actually happily going to spend *hundreds* of dollars to play games like Assassin's Creed III on Wii U when you could easily buy the superior looking version and pop it in to that console next to your TV right now. That is essentially the definition of the saying "There's a sucker born every minute".

Upon release, there will be comparison after comparison done by Lens of Truth, Digital Foundry, IGN, and so on showing Wii U games side by side with other console versions and it will spread like wildfire. We'll see exactly how well they compare to the PS3/360 versions and all hell will break loose if it's shaping up to be this way for many if not all the Wii U versions.
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2link5003Posted 8/24/2012 11:28:47 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Nintendo fanboys treat a third party announcement for a Wii U version of a game as something to throw a celebration for, when 9 out of 10 people interested in the game already can play it on a console they already have.

Now the big selling point was "It will be the superior version, looking the best!" when the same people would say "If you care about graphics then get a PC" in regards to Wii U being the weakest of next gen which is damn right hilarious logic and pure hypocrisy. As we have learned, Assassin's Creed 3 is noticeably worse looking than the PS3 version which the title is just two months from releasing.

We have yet to see a Wii U version of any game that truly looks better than the PS3/360 version when it is a supposed next gen console. Everything shown has been on par, looking better in few areas as well as looking worse. Assassin's Creed III was hailed as the multiplat that shows how the Wii U could have superior pots but as GamesRadar said it's as clear as "Night and day" how bad it looks next to the PS3 version. So what exactly is the point of caring about the Wii U version?

Are all of you who constantly defend the Wii U planning on selling your PS3/360 as soon as you get one? No you arent, you know it and I know it, but I bet some of you are actually happily going to spend *hundreds* of dollars to play games like Assassin's Creed III on Wii U when you could easily buy the superior looking version and pop it in to that console next to your TV right now. That is essentially the definition of the saying "There's a sucker born every minute".

Upon release, there will be comparison after comparison done by Lens of Truth, Digital Foundry, IGN, and so on showing Wii U games side by side with other console versions and it will spread like wildfire. We'll see exactly how well they compare to the PS3/360 versions and all hell will break loose if it's shaping up to be this way for many if not all the Wii U versions.

And any decent gaming computer will cream PS3/360 and their successors, so I don't see why anyone should get excited about multiplats on those.
---
3DS Friend Code: 1461 - 6679 - 3387
Please PM me with your Friend Code if this is not a FC thread and I'll do my best to add you.
#3StickMen1090Posted 8/24/2012 11:38:32 PM
Last time i heard they look better on the Wii U...
#4Banjo2553Posted 8/24/2012 11:49:15 PM
Added features is my reason.

Arkham City Armored Edition has some new features (though I hope you can play the original game without the new features). Mass Effect 3 will have the extended content built-in. Ninja Gaiden 3 is a hell of a lot better on Wii U.

Fact is, most multiplats that have been confirmed ARE actually better on Wii U, graphics be damned.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#5DivineTruthPosted 8/24/2012 11:58:38 PM
We have yet to see a Wii U version of any game that truly looks better than the PS3/360 version when it is a supposed next gen console.

"Supposed"

And people acted like they had no idea what I was stalking about. What a sad board. :p
---
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr834v3NJy1qe2iup.gif
"I've had enough of your snide insinuations."
#6joshmck12Posted 8/25/2012 12:32:34 AM
I'll spend my money on what I please, thank you.
---
i miss being joshmck12
#7Eamon696Posted 8/25/2012 12:53:38 AM
Banjo2553 posted...
Added features is my reason.

Arkham City Armored Edition has some new features (though I hope you can play the original game without the new features). Mass Effect 3 will have the extended content built-in. Ninja Gaiden 3 is a hell of a lot better on Wii U.

Fact is, most multiplats that have been confirmed ARE actually better on Wii U, graphics be damned.

No way will ME3 be better on the Wii U.
#8frogman_295Posted 8/25/2012 1:35:34 AM
No they don't. There are minor flaws in the still UNFINISHED games, which will be brought up to par with enough time with the console. There are also several updates such as better anti-aliasing, motion blur, superior textures, etc and that is without certain developers even trying to update the ports to Wii U's standards. Take off the troll goggles.
#9DesperateMonkeyPosted 8/25/2012 1:48:17 AM
link5003 posted...
PhaseBlack posted...

And any decent gaming computer will cream PS3/360 and their successors, so I don't see why anyone should get excited about multiplats on those.

Because most people don't have PCs worth gaming... nor do people like the PC experience which is not very user friendly and made worse now by stupid DRMs that even a long time PC gamer like myself finds extremely inconvenient.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#10Monkmaster79Posted 8/25/2012 2:08:13 AM
Stopped reading at Nintendo fanboys.
---
http://i.imgur.com/42eKz.jpg http://i.imgur.com/P3cz6.gif