Recap:"[devs] are only at the halfway point of utilizing [Wii U] full potential"

#1P_A_N_D_A_M_A_NPosted 8/25/2012 10:13:38 AM
80/80
"While existing platforms have engines that development teams have tuned and optimized for sixto seven years after their respective launches,the Wii U is a new platform that has slightly different architecture and, since development teams have only just begun development on software for it, they are only at the halfway point to utilising its full potential," he said.

"Despite this fact,however,if you look at the game Assassin's Creed 3,which was recently announced or shown,you can't see the difference when you compare it with games for other companies' systems."

"Of course,because we have designed a new hardware system,we are using new technology and we are using new GPUs. But as we have to devote significant costs to the Wii U GamePad,if we were to apply the same level of enhancement that other console manufacturers shoot for to the processing power component, the Wii U would become extremely high in price,and it would not be affordable.

"In other words,we think that the way that the various console manufacturers are allocating their budgets to the hardware is different from the way that we allocate our budget to the hardware. Ultimately,we're looking to maintain a price point for the Wii U that is reasonable in comparison to the value to be offered." -Iwata

http://m.computerandvideogames.com/353610/iwata-says-developers-are-currently-utilising-only-half-wii-us-full-potential/
---
"When does a man die? When he is hit by a bullet? No. A man dies when he is forgotten."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hA_lDpKDVoQ&feature=colike
#2Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/25/2012 10:14:39 AM
Makes sense
---
Everytime I find the key to success, someone changes the locks.
#3kinglink13Posted 8/25/2012 10:17:46 AM
I can tell you right now people will twist this into a horrible thing.
---
Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft = Epic
#4jmichaelbpPosted 8/25/2012 10:18:25 AM
kinglink13 posted...
#5SentinoxPosted 8/25/2012 10:19:19 AM
jmichaelbp posted...
kinglink13 posted...

Soon
---
CEO of the PlayStation Vita Cinema Snack Fun Land. Employees 2
#6ElectricMolePosted 8/25/2012 10:21:18 AM
kinglink13 posted...

Well yeah, that third paragraph...
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#7BigCedPosted 8/25/2012 10:22:51 AM
I wonder which dev team will be first to make "we are doing things no other team is doing or can do" type comment that starts a development arms race
---
PSN: Yo_Knightmare
When you run, you only die tired.
#8elheberPosted 8/25/2012 10:24:51 AM
kinglink13 posted...

Agreed. And whoever they may be, please do not quote them when you respond. It kind of defeats the purpose of the ignore lists for people that have taken that step.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
| 3DS: Ulysses | PSN: Riot_Guy |
#9MattyGDSPosted 8/25/2012 10:33:29 AM
Why do I get a feeling that third paragraph is going to be twisted round by certain people.
Anyway that whole article is basically what nintendo have always been about quality gaming at an affordable price.
And I see what has been mentioned in this article as a good thing.
This proves to me that the WiiU is capable of giving the same gaming as the current generation but in a new way.
Though only time will tell if it will have the same third party support as not only the current competition but also the future.
It looks promising to me though.
I have a feeling or at least a hope that the next gen will be like the PS2/Xbox/GameCube era. All 3 getting the same third party support with only a slight power difference between the three.
#10hellbringherPosted 8/25/2012 10:35:52 AM
Old!!!
---
Shoot red barrels and propane tanks to blow up your enemies.