Final Fantasy on WiiU

#41JTaanaa(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 8:15:45 PM
BSerenity posted...
JTaanaa posted...
BSerenity posted...
JTaanaa posted...
At this point we don't even know MUCH about FFXV, period. Other than the fact that its fate depends on the success of FFXIV reboot. Which, frankly, is a pretty silly thing, but... hopefully FF won't be just another CC on Wii U. I expect much better from Square-Enix this time.

Where the hell did you read that XV's fate is based on XIV 2.0? That makes absolutely zero sense. (Don't mean to be offensive towards you)

Sorry if I got that quote wrong; I must have found it on some interview with Yosh, but I could very well be mistaken. I really didn't mean to sound like I was talking out of thin air.

Ah. My fault for seeming hostile.

Yeah, I REALLY don't wanna sound like an immature troll at all; I'm just trying to keep faith. And there ARE facts that could point to a mainline FF being on WiiU someday: better relations, up to date hardware, scalable engine, the fact that FF recently become multiplatform... I have reason to believe that we'll one day see a mainline FF. Hopefully Square will too; it's clearly a dream game for several Wii U owners, and it wouldn't be wise for S-E to deny Nintendo a mainline FF this time, especially with all the efforts they've gone through with the WiiU.
#42BSerenityPosted 8/30/2012 8:22:42 PM
JTaanaa posted...
BSerenity posted...
JTaanaa posted...
BSerenity posted...
JTaanaa posted...
At this point we don't even know MUCH about FFXV, period. Other than the fact that its fate depends on the success of FFXIV reboot. Which, frankly, is a pretty silly thing, but... hopefully FF won't be just another CC on Wii U. I expect much better from Square-Enix this time.

Where the hell did you read that XV's fate is based on XIV 2.0? That makes absolutely zero sense. (Don't mean to be offensive towards you)

Sorry if I got that quote wrong; I must have found it on some interview with Yosh, but I could very well be mistaken. I really didn't mean to sound like I was talking out of thin air.

Ah. My fault for seeming hostile.

Yeah, I REALLY don't wanna sound like an immature troll at all; I'm just trying to keep faith. And there ARE facts that could point to a mainline FF being on WiiU someday: better relations, up to date hardware, scalable engine, the fact that FF recently become multiplatform... I have reason to believe that we'll one day see a mainline FF. Hopefully Square will too; it's clearly a dream game for several Wii U owners, and it wouldn't be wise for S-E to deny Nintendo a mainline FF this time, especially with all the efforts they've gone through with the WiiU.

I believe SE will not pass up bringing over a mainline FF to the U. It will certainly up their sales by a huge amount in and out of Japan. We shall see.
---
La morte sgorga dalle mie dita... Non v'e dubbio, tale e il desiderio dell'ignobile; dannata innocenza!
#43JTaanaa(Topic Creator)Posted 8/30/2012 8:42:29 PM
BSerenity posted...
I believe SE will not pass up bringing over a mainline FF to the U. It will certainly up their sales by a huge amount in and out of Japan. We shall see.

Absolutely. We may not have any info right now, and yes there IS the possiblity that it won't come to pass. But that doesn't mean that some of us can't believe that Wii U may get a mainline FF, especially if it's FFXV. I don't know if they're planning on multiplatting the next FFXIII game or the aforementioned FFXIV revamp, but if FFXIII is anything to go by, chances are WiiU may receive ports of those too. And you're right; there IS money to be made on a Nintendo console, and the way they've slowly patched things up over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if that turns into a reality.