So what third party games will Wii U miss out on?

#1quickposterPosted 8/27/2012 12:15:58 AM
I'm trying to put together a scenario in my head but there is just no way it will happen. Sony plan to continue support for PS3 until 2016 and as long as PS3 sells they won't ignore it. Thats 4 years of ports for Wii U right there. Nintendo now control 70% of the market in Japan so companies like Capcom, Namco, Square enix, Konami etc will all see the benefits in building their main games on Wii U and porting to the others.

Rockstar's latest game flopped. Despite the fact it shipped 3 million. What kind of budget did that have? Why would R* willingly increase their budgets more on two systems when they can maximize profits across four or five (depending on if 360 will last that long). The only games I see Wii U missing are stuff by companies like Epic and Crytek and Mark Rein even said UE4 can be ported if developers see the benefit in building games for Wii U. Then you have the factor that Wii U is a HD console and those looking for a system that they are used to working with.

Did people even think this through?
#2JackTheRimmerPosted 8/27/2012 12:27:18 AM
Almost all PS4/720 3rd party games games.
#3Killeryoshi8Posted 8/27/2012 12:29:37 AM
all the next-gen games.

it can't even equally run current-gen ports.
---
Planetside 2 ---> Free to play Massive Online Shooter
#4domranguayPosted 8/27/2012 12:54:03 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#5quickposter(Topic Creator)Posted 8/27/2012 1:11:11 AM
To say it struggles to match current gen is foolish. Pretty much every developer has said it can run PS3 and 360 games with little effort. Sure it needs a push to run them better but it will be running games at 720p (thats something PS3 only managed to achieve as it has been getting maxed out) from day 1.

I'm just saying you guys shouldn't get your hopes too high because these "next gen" games you speak of aren't likely to be as frequent as you think. It would take about 2 years before more developers start leaving HD systems and even then developers will still support PS3 and Wii U.

Then you have Nintendo wanting to attract tablet and mobile developers. Also smaller games that release on the digital shops. Wii U could get some very quirky games and surprisingly appealing releases.
#6Eamon696Posted 8/27/2012 1:23:08 AM
WRPG's, Shooters, and 3rd party action-Adventure games will probably consolidate around the next generation PS and Xbox. Like this Generation.
#7StickMen1090Posted 8/27/2012 1:34:54 AM(edited)
Killeryoshi8 posted...
all the next-gen games.

it can't even equally run current-gen ports.

Stop trying got no idea what you are talking about
#8MelkacPosted 8/27/2012 1:34:34 AM
JackTheRimmer, Killeryoshi8, domranguay...

Alright, I already have three more guys to laugh at for the next six years.
#9Rasen543Posted 8/27/2012 1:36:15 AM
Melkac posted...
JackTheRimmer, Killeryoshi8, domranguay...

Alright, I already have three more guys to laugh at for the next six years.

It's kind of a given that PS4/NextBox will be more powerful. I don't really think that's so far fetched...

TBH Nintendo is usually only good for exclusives anyways.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#10Killeryoshi8Posted 8/27/2012 1:50:41 AM
If you will buy a Wii U for the third party games (next-gen) then you are doing it wrong.
---
Planetside 2 ---> Free to play Massive Online Shooter