MercuryStream: No LoS2 on Wii U due to lack of manpower

#21Soanevalcke6Posted 8/27/2012 5:50:26 PM
hellbringher posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
hellbringher posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
I don't get it.

Some devs have said that it's pretty easy to port their games over to the Wii U (like Vigil games), while a few others have said it's hard (this).

Do they have older dev kits or something?

It's not a port. The games not out yet. Don't have enough manpower. Common sense says that if it was a port than they would have all the manpower because the game would be finished on other systems

If its developed specifically for that system, it's a port. Even if the game isn't released yet.

Lol no. A port is a game that is developed after it is developed for another system. Regardless of peripherals. They don't have the manpower to develop it now. Now they are developing it for the 360 an ps3. At this point people are begging for a port but at this time if it was released with the others is would not be a port. Genius.

Lol @ it's a port. The 360, ps3 and wii u are on the same ground graphically.

Most 3rd Party Games are Developed for the Xbox360/PC, and then Ported over to the PS3 before its released, thats why some Third Party games look a little worse on the PS3
---
Qualities I look for in Games: Good Story, Atmosphere, Music, and Exploration
I'm A Genre Pro. Proud Member of the Metroid fanbase.
#22hellbringherPosted 8/27/2012 6:00:31 PM
Key word "then". If they come out at the same time it's hardly a port when the consoles are so close graphically.
---
Shoot red barrels and propane tanks to blow up your enemies.
#23nonexistingheroPosted 8/27/2012 8:51:58 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#24nonexistingheroPosted 8/27/2012 11:34:50 PM
hellbringher posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
hellbringher posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
I don't get it.

Some devs have said that it's pretty easy to port their games over to the Wii U (like Vigil games), while a few others have said it's hard (this).

It's not a port. The games not out yet. Don't have enough manpower. Common sense says that if it was a port than they would have all the manpower because the game would be finished on other systems

If its developed specifically for that system, it's a port. Even if the game isn't released yet.

Lol no. A port is a game that is developed after it is developed for another system. Regardless of peripherals. They don't have the manpower to develop it now. Now they are developing it for the 360 an ps3. At this point people are begging for a port but at this time if it was released with the others is would not be a port. Genius.

Uhm, I'm pretty sure that every version of the game that isn't the lead development platform, is a port.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#25STE573Posted 8/28/2012 3:25:22 AM
hellbringher posted...
Soanevalcke6 posted...
hellbringher posted...
jmichaelbp posted...
I don't get it.

Any piece of software removed from it's original platform to another platform whilst staying in largely the same format is ported, it is not necessarily a "port" in the gaming sense of the word. The gaming definition of a port would be if a game is developed ground up for one system then ported post production to another system, if they are in simultaneous production that is a multiplat.

The OPs terminology is correct, no need to jump down his throat hellbringher, but I understand your point.
---
Im British!
GT- x STE 90 x, psn ID- X-STE-90-X Currently playing- Minecraft (360) Dead Space 2 (360) Final Fantasy Tactics WOTL (Vita) Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
#26Joehop007Posted 8/28/2012 3:40:49 AM
Icecreamdunwich posted...
http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=184206

ie: It takes a lot of time to work games into the Wii U's architecture (possibly due to a CPU bottleneck?)

Has nothing to do with the architecture of the console. It mainly has to do with not having enough people to build the Wii U version
---
My Game of the Year: Xenoblade Chronicles
"Broke my pipe on some fatass" - RPG_Apostle