At what price do you say NO to the Wii U?

#61Numbuh100Posted 8/30/2012 9:25:54 PM
I will accept it at $300. No more or less.
---
Goldeneye Wii: 2626-8957-8168 Name: BOSS MMK-OMC
PSN: THE_REAL_MMK
#62PancakesRock15Posted 8/30/2012 9:35:26 PM
Marblesbunbun posted...
At what price would you say NO to the Wii U at?
My fiance says more then $300
I say more then $500

I'd agree with your fiance haha

more than 500 and nintendo would go out of business like sony almost did when they released the ps3
---
PSN=Ultimatepancake
#63PancakesRock15Posted 8/30/2012 9:44:39 PM
GAMER_X_REVIVAL posted...
250 bucks, no more than that.

The gamepads their most forced and useless gimmick yet, and it solely exists to deceive consumers into thinking its a standalone tablet that doubles as a controller, and its a load of crap.

In a competitive market, you either compete or you lose sales to those that will market competitively.

By christmas the PS3 will have a new sku for 200 bucks, and there's already a 360 sku for 99 bucks up front. The only legitimate brand new AAA title Nintendo even has at launch is AC3, and even if nintendo charges 250 for the system, the PS3 will be a better value for the money at that time since I could get the system for 200 and AC3 for 50, and the PS3 has a much larger library of 20 dollar greatest hits top titles...

...The fanboys can keep their heads in the sand and think what they like but the writings on the wall and all signs point to the Wii U having an incredibly lukewarm to mediocre launch. They wont even be able to sell this thing to whiny kids begging mom and dad. They'll see the price tag, that gamepad and be like "Oh hell no, you'll break that screen in a week thats why you dont have an iPad".

Nintendos completely out of touch and aimless this time, just totally taking shots in the dark trying to reproduce the Wiis launch success but theyre missing the whole fact that that kind of lightning doesnt strike twice, the casual bubble has popped and those people have moved on, and that tons of people remember clearly buying a Wii then shelving the thing because the novelty wore off and very little real legitimate games ever showed up for the thing. Even including the word Wii in the name effectively positions it with one foot in the grave since the average consumer has a bad taste in their mouth from the Wii, or knows the Wii was nothing but wagglan garbage and mediocre shovelware.

For me the only question regarding the Wii U launch will be HOW bad the launch will be. Nintendos in lala land right now, no company in their right mind waits until like 2 months from launch to even EDUCATE CONSUMERS about the existence of your product. Nintendo thinks they're apple, and they arent. People have known about iPhone five for like what.....a few months after iPhone 4? Yet with the Wii U, most consumers not only have no idea it exists, the few that do think its an add on for the Wii. Nintendos betting it all on this shady last minute notice hyping, to get people to rush out and buy it without thinking about it or reading into it more (and possibly deciding against it). They're staking everything on last second impulse sales like they did with Wii, but with Wii it had so much more mainstream coverage way earlier and an infinitely stronger E3 prior to launch.

Lol i'm sorry but Nintendos just out of their minds with how they're handling this whole thing. They're so out of touch they think the name "Wii" will sell this without any legitimate marketing campaign, they don't realize that the Wii has been a joke to most people for ages. Gonna be real interesting to see this play out.

However much i agree with you, tons of people will still buy it with high expectations simply because it says "Nintendo" on the box. Btw i cut some of it out because it was over the max amount of characters
---
PSN=Ultimatepancake
#64Rasen543Posted 8/30/2012 9:45:18 PM
$300 is where I draw the line for all consoles.
---
EARTHBOUND FANS, GO HERE :D
Luminehall.net
#65WamkensteinPosted 8/30/2012 9:49:11 PM
I'd pay no more than whatever amount the Nintendo needs to invest per console to make them. That probably being about 100USD. Gotta love the benefits of sweatshop labour! ;)
#66rhys855Posted 8/30/2012 9:59:40 PM
I spend no more than $300 U.S dollars.

The release games are not for me.
---
Pakkun loves to dig deep in tight,dirty, holes.
#67james_hellerPosted 8/30/2012 10:35:53 PM
thedarklordx3 posted...
I'm not a casual, I'd get it at any price so long as it's good(unlike the wii) I was perfectly willing to buy a $600 dollar PS3 because of the good games

if price stops you from buying a quality system then you are a casual and are ruining the industry

that being said, if it isn't good I will only get it if it's cheap(like the wii)

Joke post?

You just said the PS3 was good at $600, which means you bought at launch, where there was absolutely no good games out yet...
#68dragon_suplex_xPosted 8/30/2012 11:03:37 PM
james_heller posted...
thedarklordx3 posted...
I'm not a casual, I'd get it at any price so long as it's good(unlike the wii) I was perfectly willing to buy a $600 dollar PS3 because of the good games

if price stops you from buying a quality system then you are a casual and are ruining the industry

that being said, if it isn't good I will only get it if it's cheap(like the wii)

Joke post?

You just said the PS3 was good at $600, which means you bought at launch, where there was absolutely no good games out yet...

I was going to point this out as in all fairness, the PS3 had maybe 1 or 2 games MAX at launch worth the entry besides the use of Blu-Ray.
---
But I'm not telling you anything you didn't already know.
PSN vertigoink
#69ChargrilledPosted 8/30/2012 11:12:29 PM
600 pounds
---
GT : DeadJericho / PSN : Focalpoint /
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!
#70LordcrabfoodPosted 8/30/2012 11:26:04 PM
$20 is over priced