In your opinion, which Nintendo franchise has the deepest story?

#41dezmomoPosted 9/2/2012 10:02:35 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
Why would anyone say Zelda... Its one of those games that has such bad stories it makes Call of Doobies look good. The average pop-up book usually possessed more depth than a Zelda games story.

lol
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/997614-nintendo-3ds/63766483/713440189
Official Squirtle of the Pokemon BW (2) Boards
#42ElectricMolePosted 9/2/2012 10:31:13 PM
Hotel Dusk / Last Window has way more character depth than Zelda.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#43The Wheelman1Posted 9/2/2012 11:00:08 PM
Mother/Earthbound
Pokemon

Mother 3 is surprisingly dark for a Nintendo game(literally) from what i remembered. A lot of wtf moments in there. Its a shame it didnt come to USA.
---
XBox Live GT: MastaMez
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=TheWheelman1
#44Pac12345Posted 9/2/2012 11:00:58 PM
Balloon fight.

Clearly, people miss the beauty and perfection that this artistic masterpiece showcases.

You see, Balloon fight, at first, might seem like an average arcade game, but in reality is a euphemism for mankind's perpetual struggle against itself.

The balloons in balloon fight, tools with which the player soars into the air, endlessly defeating other airborne creatures, is a symbol of the human applied intellect: Technology. In the game, the main character uses this balloon to propel itself into a controlled free-fall in an attempt to survive the onslaught of creatures both above in the sky, and below on the ground (Sometimes water). This is symbolism!

You see, the main character using the balloon to soar the skies, symbolizes man's enhanced capabilities (The flying) through the use of technology (The balloon). Man cannot transcend (Change) its natural deficiencies, such as death, but can control the ways by which these natural deficiencies affect it; The controlled free-fall (The player needs to tap the A button, in order to gain altitude, and let go the A button to descend) represents this.

The creatures which attack the player by popping the main character's balloons (And therefore leading to its death) symbolize man's perverted ego; namely, a distorted personification of what man could become, should technology be used in harmful ways.

The main character is a human, the enemies are these humanoids creatures with pointy noses and green flesh. This represents: Man, the way it should direct itself (The normal human), and the perverted human with a destructive nature (The green guys trying to "kill" the main character).

Furthermore, the goal of the game is to beat all the enemies, and advance to the next level, which presents players with an augmented number of enemies. The farther the player advances through the levels, the more the enemies are in each level. It's an endless match to the death. This represents man's eternal struggle against itself, against its "other nature" which is, in fact, harmful due to its perverted use of technology.

In the same way that life is, practically, unknown to us, such is the journey through the levels of the game: Unknown, filled with hazards, both natural (As evidenced by the fish who try to at the main character) and man made (The enemies themselves). Never knowing what exactly is beyond, but always wanting to go there, such is the desire for achieving a higher score and conquering new challenges in the levels ahead.

You see, the red balloon, (The main character's unique balloon) is there to symbolize man's passion for knowledge and creation (The baloon itself). The green balloons (The enemies' unique color) is there to represent a perverted man's lust for power and dominion (The baloon itself).

So, while the main character uses the balloon as a TOOL for flying, (Further accentuated by the fact that the main character is nothing but an average human who wears average clothes), the green enemies ; or the perverted humans, use the balloons for destruction (Further accentuated by both the color of their balloons and by their bellicose garment they wear).

Balloon fight is, surely, the most deep and insightful examination of the human nature. Through the player's desire to progress in the game, the creators of this game wanted players to experience man's desire for advancement. This is not only a game, it's art in one of its purest and most truthful ways.
#45SoeroahPosted 9/2/2012 11:12:03 PM
ElectricMole posted...
Hotel Dusk / Last Window has way more character depth than Zelda.

Is Cing a Nintendo subsidiary, though?
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ9Km7WW2aE
Best console war summary ever. TL;DR version at 2:05.
#46MelkaticoxPosted 9/3/2012 7:49:20 PM
P_A_N_D_A_M_A_N posted...
I wouldn't say Mother has the Deepest story, given it's 3 games long and it's pretty easy to piece together, but it's a great F'N story.

I think it's just about the character(development)s and all the strong moments the games had...

Because, being really, the main story for Mother 3 was pretty basic. Anyways...

Even Mother 1 had at least three sad moments, when we find out that Magicant was fake all this time, when our invincible robot buddy dies and when we had to sing Maria's lubally to Giygas, that battle was already depressing enough...
#47Absolut_CronoPosted 9/3/2012 7:59:33 PM
I cant believe anybody could play Mother 3 without being on the verge of tears. I mean, I read the full plot before playing and I still teared up, but did not cry due to my manliness preventing it. Were I any less of a man, I'm sure I would have been moved to tears.