Wii U price and date leak w/ bonus

#41SolisPosted 9/3/2012 8:41:01 PM
PENDRAG0ON posted...
lowuw posted...
I'd be happy with 32gb of flash memory.

Not like it is expensive. Under $20 for the consumer in Micro / SD format.

32GB of internal flash memory would probably be closer to $30 in manufacturing costs. At that point it would be an almost complete waste when even a 2.5" 160GB harddrive would likely cost around the same amount.

I was expecting the system to come with NintendoLand and be priced at $299 or $349, so if this report is true, then it seems they might just be releasing a bare version of it without the game for $50 less. I doubt they'd release a bundle with a larger storage space though, I'm guessing the higher priced bundle would just include an extra game or download voucher, or bundle extra controllers with the system (Pro controller and Wii Remote+ and Nunchuck).
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#42Skill4ReelPosted 9/3/2012 8:50:34 PM
$249.99 seems way too good to be true. I'm not complaining about spending less money. Not at all. Just sayin.'
#43lp913Posted 9/3/2012 9:05:36 PM
I would definitely go for a potential $349.99 bundle if it includes:

- Black Wii U Console and GamePad
- Nintendo Land and or another game
- Wii U Pro Controller
- WiiMote Plus/Nunchuck
- HDMI Cable
---
[3DS FC: 0645-5794-3020]
#44Sirian_HawkPosted 9/3/2012 9:06:26 PM
I don't want to be the one that says "Old!", but I swear I have seen this "leak" before, complete with the same three SKUs at the same three prices. And this was a while ago too. I can't find the old topic but I do remember this from before.
---
"To hell with your spoiled baby! Zoidberg needs those shoes!"
#45NintyLover2Posted 9/3/2012 9:12:56 PM
Hey hounddog I was late seeing your message. I just sent my email to you if it's still relevant.
#46ArabrockermanXPosted 9/3/2012 9:14:00 PM
Solis posted...
PENDRAG0ON posted...
lowuw posted...
I'd be happy with 32gb of flash memory.

Not like it is expensive. Under $20 for the consumer in Micro / SD format.

32GB of internal flash memory would probably be closer to $30 in manufacturing costs. At that point it would be an almost complete waste when even a 2.5" 160GB harddrive would likely cost around the same amount.

I was expecting the system to come with NintendoLand and be priced at $299 or $349, so if this report is true, then it seems they might just be releasing a bare version of it without the game for $50 less. I doubt they'd release a bundle with a larger storage space though, I'm guessing the higher priced bundle would just include an extra game or download voucher, or bundle extra controllers with the system (Pro controller and Wii Remote+ and Nunchuck).

No way near $30 in manufacturing cost... I know Nintendo is going to pay a little extra to the manufacturer for it(since it will be somewhat custom) but no way near $30.
#47SolisPosted 9/3/2012 9:23:10 PM
ArabrockermanX posted...
No way near $30 in manufacturing cost... I know Nintendo is going to pay a little extra to the manufacturer for it(since it will be somewhat custom) but no way near $30.

Why not? That's less than how much 32GB of flash memory cost on the 3rd gen iPad earlier this year:

http://venturebeat.com/2012/03/17/ipad-teardown-reveals-375-10-total-cost/
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#48NeonYoshi11Posted 9/3/2012 9:27:18 PM
My guess:

- $250.00 = Just Wii U - comes with system and wii U gamepad

- $300.00 = Wii U + Nintendoland

- $350.00 = Wii U + Nintendoland/othergame + Pro Controller

I hope they make enough Pro controllers. I can see those things selling out fast.
#4990sRetroGamingPosted 9/3/2012 9:37:40 PM
lp913 posted...
I would definitely go for a potential $349.99 bundle if it includes:

- Black Wii U Console and GamePad
- Nintendo Land and or another game
- Wii U Pro Controller
- WiiMote Plus/Nunchuck
- HDMI Cable

No way in hell that happens! lol. that's an awsome bundle.. one they're not smart enough to put together for launch ;).
---
"OldSchoolGaming4Life" on YT/"90sRetroGaming" on mariokartwii.com
#50Final Fantasy2389Posted 9/3/2012 10:17:19 PM
I'd be happy if $300 got me a system, the Wii U pad and Nintendoland. I'd gladly pay that.

I personally don't think I'd need a pro controller right away.
---
http://bit.ly/J38z1u | http://bit.ly/KIjaFT Eve Torres <3