Wii U price and date leak w/ bonus

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U price and date leak w/ bonus

User Info: kayoticdreamz

kayoticdreamz
4 years ago#51
ElectricMole posted...
Wow, 3 SKUs.

The $349 probably comes with a game...or a hard drive.

$249 is MINE!

this. unless that 249 version is severaly gimped and pointless....like the arcade xbox 360 is nearly pointless as you need a HDD to really get the full use of the 360. but if its the same console with the same features as the other 2 bundles but console and gamepad only....yea 249 = instant preorder.

lp913 posted...
I would definitely go for a potential $349.99 bundle if it includes:

- Black Wii U Console and GamePad
- Nintendo Land and or another game
- Wii U Pro Controller
- WiiMote Plus/Nunchuck
- HDMI Cable

only if its a special nintendo labeled HDMI cord lol. i need a complete set i have a sony one and a microsoft one that ive gotten(came packed with the systems).

User Info: Gaming King

Gaming King
4 years ago#52
AmaboKcorb posted...
I'm guessing $249 for the bare bones package
And $300-$349 for the bundles

Are you the same Amabo from Facebook?
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 17
LOL WUT? Now we can use an alternate font?

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
4 years ago#53
Maybe I interpreted the info wrong, but wasn't NintendoLand supposed to be a pre-installed demo-thing that was part of the WiiU's system menu by default?

I'm guessing the cheap one will be just a WiiU (w/ NintendoLand pre-installed)
The middle one will probably come with a pro controller.
The expensive one will probably come with a pro controller and maybe a second Upad?

User Info: HugsAllAround

HugsAllAround
4 years ago#54
Keep in mind that these could be wholesale prices, not retail prices. The MSRP could be $50 more than these listed, so the prices the stores charge could be $300, $350, and $400.

Since this is a website of a distributor, 11/11/12 could be the ship date to the stores. If this is the case, then the release date to the public would most likely be 11/18/12.

User Info: Skul_

Skul_
4 years ago#55
AmaboKcorb posted...
I'm guessing $249 for the bare bones package
And $300-$349 for the bundles

I was guessing $349 for the bare bones package, and $249 for the bundle.
i5-2500-GTX550TI-8GB
"and sure sales are higher on 3DS but that's only because 3DS sold more," - DemonDog666

User Info: Hejiru206

Hejiru206
4 years ago#56
kobalobasileus posted...
Maybe I interpreted the info wrong, but wasn't NintendoLand supposed to be a pre-installed demo-thing that was part of the WiiU's system menu by default?

No, Nintendo never said that. They never even said it was a pack-in. As far as we know, it's still a separate retail game until we get confirmation otherwise. You're remembering people who said that who were just speculating on what Nintendo might do.

User Info: tizzywilkillyou

tizzywilkillyou
4 years ago#57
HugsAllAround posted...
Keep in mind that these could be wholesale prices, not retail prices. The MSRP could be $50 more than these listed, so the prices the stores charge could be $300, $350, and $400.

Since this is a website of a distributor, 11/11/12 could be the ship date to the stores. If this is the case, then the release date to the public would most likely be 11/18/12.

I doubt it. It specifically says "street date". That doesn't sound like a distributor "pre distribute" date.

(assuming this is even real/valid info)
i5 2550k, 8GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3@1600mhz, EVGA GTX 550ti, 120GB OCZ SSD, 22in/1680x1050

User Info: GigaVolts

GigaVolts
4 years ago#58
YO TC YOU FAMOUS! You on Yahoo. They reported on your video and topic, you proud? I'm proud the soul of my fellow GF bros are succeeding

User Info: Charizard90

Charizard90
4 years ago#59
lp913 posted...
I would definitely go for a potential $349.99 bundle if it includes:

- Black Wii U Console and GamePad
- Nintendo Land and or another game
- Wii U Pro Controller
- WiiMote Plus/Nunchuck
- HDMI Cable

This could be possible, with the exception of the HDMI cable. They didn't even include a charger for the 3DS XL in most countries because they assumed people already had one -.- What makes you think they will include an HDMI cable when almost any gamer has at least 2 if not more?

It would be cool though. I'm also skeptical about the Pro Controller, but I wouldn't rule it out completely.
Shinies: 40 -of which- Radar shinies: 38
Pkmn Platinum: Name: Hao FC: 2965-5119-9885

User Info: Pendragoon

Pendragoon
4 years ago#60
A high quality HDMI cable costs about $5 on average to buy on any number of websites. They have no reason to include one. I could actually see them leaving out the standard composite cables for similar reasons.
PSN = Pendragoongp
Dragon's Dogma Pawn = Kasumi - Strider
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Wii U price and date leak w/ bonus

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived